Portrait Packs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Oct 5, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

To please everyone then can't you just make 3 packs then? Seperate BG and IWD packs for the 'pureists' and a combined pack with both for the people who just don't care?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No. By "PC" I mean "player character," not "personal computer."

Yes, although 'portraits made easy' is going to be geared toward picking and choosing the portraits you want, not building a massive archive of 200 selectable portraits in-game or anyting like that. With 'portraits made easy,' you'll be able to add 35 custom portraits to the 84 that are in the normal Co8 mod without too much effort. However, once you understand the concept behind how ToEE's portraits work (which hopefully people will after reading the 'portraits made easy' documentation), you will have the knowledge to build your own custom portrait packs to your heart's content.

See wizgeorge's comment about typing above. I'm not really inclined to put forth all that effort. What if we add an Arcanum pack and a NWN pack and a NWN2 pack down the line? Does that mean we have to make 'bundle' packs of each possible combination of those as well?

We provide the basics. If you want to take it further from there, that's up to you.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ohh, Arcanum portrait pack, shiiiny. Me want. But then you'll also have to add steam power and guns to TOEE :p

NWN pack could look OK too, although it'd probably be quite bothersome to re-edit into TOEE format.

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I'm going to make a celebrity portrait pack. I want Brock Lesnar as my fighter, Amy Winehouse as my rogue, Billy Graham Sr. as my cleric and Stephen Hawking as my wizard.

5. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

Thank you sir

6. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Does anyone has Arcanum portraits pack? Or at least original images?

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I have Arcanum, I tried in vain to get it working ages ago but failed miserably. Would you like me to pop it open and grab the portraits for you? I'm sure Arcanum has modding tools, I'll hunt around for them and zip up the character art for you when I get some time to do so.

Our Host!