Portrait characters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Half Knight, Dec 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Yes, i see...very strange.
    The guy must have taken out the site. Or it has expired...pity.
    Really good stuff on there.

Sorry, nope.
    Just original, new stuff
    But it would be easy to do some fixes to it, if you want. :)

2. Half Knight

Nah, it's fine.
    At least you didn't do something like this...

View attachment M1063L.bmp

I wonder why someone would want to use something like that...

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Half_Knight and his self-portraits... :yawn:

;)

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Oh my God! HK is Black Adder! :yikes:

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I pictured him more as Baldric... his additions to the 'new items and ideas' thread could all be prefaced, "hey guys! I have a cunning plan!" :icon_chuc

6. Half Knight

Hehe...that reminds me the description of halflings in Dragonlance setting...whenever a halfling says "Hey! i got an idea!", everyone says "Uh-oh".

Dunno who are those you mention, but i'm sure i shouldn't feel proud...

I'll get my revenge, you''ll see. :rant:

7. Half Knight

As some people doesn't have clear, i'll explain how i replace portraits easily in ToEE

This is what i do:

First, note that this REPLACE portraits, not add.
    Since only 8 charcters are useable in a party (and i only do one game run, not various at a time), i just change 8 characters, no more.
    And remember to BACKUP what you're going to change, just in case.

-Take a look on those sites i've posted and pick what you like (if you have better ones, then post'em or make a link!)
    -You'll need some graphic program, i use Photoshop, hence the explanation is with that program in mind.
    -Again, this procedure only replaces, have in mind that some charcters in-game use some of those portraits, so if you replace those they'll get the new portraits too.
    -I don't use the "Play File" or any other, just the "original File", so be sure you have that one selected on ToEEFE start.
    -So far, with this simple way i could add only two more portraits. More will crash the game and will cause some screw ups. Do not add portraits, it's useless.

-You'll need the 8 portraits converted (ovbious duh -_- ) to tga, so open them with photoshop, crop them to the correct size (130w x 150h for big, 53w x 47h for small, and 42w x 37h for minis) and "save as" them as .tga(TARGA). Remember to paint a 1pixel black border on the alpha.(on the window of "layers", there you got a option to see "channels", there you'll find the alphas)

-Go to "dta/art/interface/portraits". You'll see all the actual new pics. look for "original file" and "portraits.mes". Those two are the ones we need.

-Open "original file", with notepad, and look for the portraits you want to replace (the first codes are for PCs, it reads "HUM_xxxx_paladin" for example.)

-You can change the "paladin" part of the code name (the description), for your tga, or just leave as it is, and put the same name to your tga. After you've done it, save and close the file.

-Now open the "portraits.mes" file, look for the same code, and change it for your new description. If you decided to let it as it is, and put the same name to your tga, them skip this. Close (if you changed something remember to save first)

-Drag or copypaste your tga pics on the same folder, and throw them there along the rest.

-Now you're ready to play with your Start Trek, Star Wars, Spice girls or Monty Phyton party!

A few things:

Remember to close every program that fiddled with some ToEE file, or Frontend wouldn't start.
    Remember that the purple dressed Gnome it's used for a charcter in the game, so if you don't wan it changed, well, don't change it. The grumpy female blonde human too. On the other way, you can change them on purpose.

Also, you can replace any portrait in game by looking the name of the tgas and replacing them with a different pic but same name, but remember to backup each with a slightly different name (add a number for example, i usually add ORI to the name, just to know that's the original)

That's it, longwinded but easy.

8. Half Knight

9. Half Knight

In my search for cool art, i've found an interesting site.
    It features the artwork of LOTS of games, in clean pics, so if you liked the portrait or the design of a specific character (Yes, you can find Sephirot there *sigh*), or just to look and have a good time seeing beatiful art, just go there

---www.creativeuncut.com---

10. Half Knight

For Manga fans (or if you want some really cool manga-style pics), some game-ready portraits. Here some girls...

Attached Files:

11. Half Knight

...and now some boys (couldn't attach all of them in just one post)

Attached Files:

Our Host!