Please Help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by andysks, May 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. andysks

andysks Member

I played and finished ToEE a while ago.I was very happy to start playing this mod but i have some problems.A lot of contents are working,like Kent or the opening area to shop and so on,but i have a problem with the new areas.
    I know i have to speak with Smyth to open Welkwood Bog,and i have to do it at level 1.But when i speak to him he only mentions the Masterwork items.I tried to go to captain Renton but he also doesnt mention anything.Only Otis.
    i thought ok,i'll play normal Hommlet quests to level 2 and then i will unlock the next stuff.But after i cleared the moathouse i went to Kenter Nevets and he doesnt mention anthing about Hickory Branch.He only mentions Nulb.And Smyth has the locked chest available which is story state 3 from what i read.
    Am i doing something wrong ?Please help because i really like this game and would like to play it with the new contents.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Did you ask Brother Smyth about "Something different"

3. andysks

andysks Member

That is the point ...he doesnt even have this option to the dialogue.

4. andysks

andysks Member

If i can help more with info i have the 6.1.0 modpack.Do i need some other files ?Because i was reading something about NC files.i thought all these were in 6.1.0...

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

If you are using the 6.1.0 modpack, and not the 6.1.0 NC, then you don't have the new content (NC) version, so Smythe won't ever direct you to Welkwood, Hickory Branch, or Verbobonc. If you want to play the Co8 new content, you will need to download a NC version of the mod.

6. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Well, I never have played with the 6.x series, so I'm just taking an educated guess here.

When you speak to brother Smythe, you will first have to click on:

#: If I may, could I ask you some more questions?

Then, you will see:

#: I'm looking for something different.

Which is -offcourse- the one that leads you to the new content.

It is however imperative that you have the NewContent version, because otherwise you just have the original game but with the bugfixes.
    You can easily make out if you have the one with the new content, as it sports NC behind its number when you activate ToEE FE-X.
    With 7.1 NC it also shows that when the game is loading, no idea if the 6.x shows that too.

Btw, weird how your name reminds me of a certain actor :p

7. andysks

andysks Member

Thanks a lot for the replies.I just got 7.1 NC and i am installing at the moment.Will write later to say how it went :).
    Also,which actor ? :D

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Maybe THIS GUY!

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

7.2 is the latest ... get that.

10. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

[​IMG]
    No, my precious, not ... Him. Silly Sirchet, we cannot finds an sks in stupid little Dick...
    :D

11. andysks

andysks Member

Thanks for the replies.I got the new version and everything is perfect now.I just didnt know that you need the NC to have the new content.Game is awesome btw.

Our Host!