Piracy, terrorism or activism?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rocktoy, Oct 4, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I can't agree with you more, when we rely on only one source we only get one take on it, because today's so called news isn't the reporting of facts, but the reporter's and editor's take on the facts.
    It's sadly obvious that today in America, the story you hear and see is the story that paid the most to have it heard or seen.

This is of course just my opinion on the matter.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoy watching the BBC news about America and it's almost removed attitude.
    Oh how I long for the days when a news-person actually had ethics and considered it their job to keep the Gov't in line.

2. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Yep it's all infotainment and chasing ratings.

3. tom

tom Established Member

Green peace is a Pacifist organisation. It's single governing principle is the use of non-violent direct action.

The idea of a non-violent terrorist is not new - it was how Gandhi and Martin Luther king were regarded. It was an idea put about in an attempt to support the unsupportable position of a corrupt state (the British colonial government and certain US State governments at the time). Its a simple tactic, smear the messenger and you smear the message by association.

In my opinion however the idea of a non violent terrorist is deeply stupid. If you cannot tell the difference between, the Ira, the ulster defence association, the shining path, Barder-Minehoff, black September, al kieda - and a boat load of pacifist, hummus eating whale huggers, you are an idiot.

The action of the green peace members was not an act of violence, it was not an act of piracy (no force, no damage, no intent to deprive anyone of their property), it was an act of political comment.

However ill advised it was to publicly defy a corrupt authoritarian regime like Putin's Russia. It was not piracy or terrorism.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
Our Host!