Pathnode and User Interface Watchdog Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Daryk, Dec 31, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

In 7.9, all the new bows in the Hickory Branch area are lacking descriptions. From memory (and I may be wrong here), so are all the Slavers' weapons.

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Re: ToEE Front-End X 4.0 Discussion Thread

I would like to report some issues involving the text on the ToEE console. Take a look at the picture provided. I'm using 1024x768 resolution. Please move this on 7.9 known issues if necessary.

[​IMG]

3. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

The console text overlaps with the error message, whenever I hav a typing mistake. Please fix this on the next ver. plus its not aligned with the console box... :(

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Zoltec, please peruse other threads (like this one) to bring yourself up to speed on these issues. They're already known and being worked on, but as you know, things are never so simple with ToEE as just quick-fixing them.

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

FIXED

Burne has 4 text overflows in his dialogue (see 4 screenshots below).

Lord Hungous' Unholy Orc Double Axe +3 has text overflow in the item's long description (see screenshot below).

Attached Files:

6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

FIXED

Renton has 2 text overflows in his dialogue (see 2 screenshots below).

The spell Lesser Globe of Invulnerability overlaps its text onto the spell below it in the spell list interface (see screenshot below).

The spell Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound overlaps its text onto the spell below it in the spell list interface (see screenshot below).

You can't SHIFT-click on Lieutenant Bethany's Brown Leather Armor +3.

You can't SHIFT-click on the following items at Hickory Branch:
    Falchion +1
    Falchion +2
    Longbow of Frost +2
    Metal Orcish Shield +1
    Non-conductive Metal Orcish Shield +1
    Unholy Heavy Mace
    Unholy Longbow +2
    Unholy Longbow of Electricity +2

I've encountered 2 Pathnode problem spots:

1. If you use the Hommlet Sign Post to travel to the traders' and jeweller's shops, then give 1 PC a movement command to move to just outside the front door of the jeweller's shop, most of the time the PC will run south over the bridge and then run west on the other side of the river before running back to where the PC started.

2. If you use the Verbobonc Sign Post to travel to the Castle of the Lords and then give 1 PC a movement command to move to just outside the front door of the Castle, then most of the time the PC will run west under the tree's foliage before running back to the stairs.

At the right edge of the Hickory Branch map is a vertical black line (see screenshot below).

Attached Files:

7. Gaear

Quick heads-up on the UI in v8: the oversized box for item transfers and other things remains bugged in v8. This was not for lack of trying to fix it, but because sadly I can't find any control files whatsoever for those UIs, which likely means that the code that controls it lies somewhere in the twisted maze of the .dll - likely just a call saying 'use the old box for this stuff, it will be perfectly fine.'

We'll have to decide what to do about this, with the likely options being have a .dll hacker come by and fix it (yeah right), revert all the boxes to the old way, or improvise somehow, or live with it.

8. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

In v8, on the character creation screen, the names of the attributes do not show up (Str, Dex, Con, etc)

9. Gaear

Yeah, that's a known side effect of having the overlay text not appear. Based on our current knowledge and capabilities, it's either that or go back to the old crappy looking character creation UI entirely.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

I'm not seeing the stat names during character creation or leveling, what I mean is the screen to the right when you lower or raise a skill doesn't have the name of the stat it depends on showing. The screen on the left with the character info looks great and is complete though.

Here's a picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  11. Arthandas

Arthandas Witch Hunter

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Same issue... Also the banter (text) option is not saving but this is a classic bug I think. Should we report grammar errors? Because I found some.

12. Gaear

^ See posts 83 and 84. Basically, there will be no dynamic display (shows here or there then goes away) of attributes in character creation or levelup because in order to keep that stuff from printing overtop the new creation/levelup UI, we had to delete it altogether.

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Did Ben ninja me on my post? I could have swore I didn't see it before posting.

14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Is this something that could be solved by switching out files based on chosen resolution?

15. Gaear

It doesn't have anything to do with resolution AFAIK. I can detail it in-depth if you want, but the short version is that it's not controlled via .mes files, unlike many other UI elements.

Our Host!