Pathnode and User Interface Watchdog Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Daryk, Dec 31, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As of version 7.9, many long descriptions have been reformatted to make better use of the new UI popup box. Specifically, all weapons should be done, but no armor. (Random other items may not require reformatting.)

If you see item descriptions that look odd, please report them here. Likewise, please do the same if you see items with no long descriptions that should have them. It gets kind of hard to keep track of everything.

Thanks. :)

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

As soon as my main computer catches up to me, will do Gaear!

3. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

What's up with your comp? Here have mine:
    [​IMG]
    It can run Crysis. Hehe...

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

OMG, is that a 3.5 floppy drive?

All it's missing to be the Uber comp is a 5.25 drive. :p

On second thought, if that really is your PC, then I'm sure you've done wonders to it. :)

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

My computer is taking the slow boat while I flew ahead. It should be here in a month or so. This little netbook I'm using for my internet fix would drive me insane if I tried to play TOEE on it.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

-I've had a crash when I entered the spell selection tab. Never happened to me before. Alas, I can't yet replicate it. I'm not sure if related to UI, but it's possible... (playing 7.9 NC)

-The transfer items dialogue box now has an oversized background image (it's like the long desription's, except the buttons are in the wrong place)

-The command console's text piles up on the same line

7. Gaear

I knew I had seen that once somewhere but forgot what it was ... what exactly is the 'transfer items dialogue box' again?

Yes, which is a real pain for testing. It came with the massive Priory conversion though - somewhere in the 100+ instances of Arial in the .dll was the one that assigned the console text, and unless we can figure out exactly which one it was, we're stuck with it. It's not like we're not going to have the long-awaited improved dialogue text because it's stuffs up the console.

I suppose a very long session of trial and error could identify which Arial in the .dll is for the console.

8. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

When you pass arrows from one PC to another.

Also the craft items list has some text overruns as well. Probably you already know that.

9. Gaear

Okay, thanks.

We still have to figure something out about the crafting thing - no obvious solutions there. Probably will end up being hyper-abbreviation, unfortunately.

10. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

The descriptions for Hedrack's gear are not complete - including the hammer, not just the armour and shield.

11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It's an invaluable tool for debugging. Until it's restored, I'll stick to the 7.8 DLL for modding purposes (seems harmless so far).

Up to you. Some advice - if repairing it entails searching for the right priory replacement, you can try a binary search approachׄ

12. tom

tom Established Member

Re: 7.9 Known Issues

the names overlap in the craft wand screen making it impossible to craft some wands. e.g it is not possible to craft a wand of clairvoyance because it overlaps with confusion ive tried various screen resolutions but nothing seams to help.

13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

OK, I just got 7.9 up and running. In the character creation screen, the nice new text for STR, DEX, etc. seems to have black letters superimposed over the correct text. Once you finalize the character, they go away, but it looks horrendous in the mean time.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I agree, but Gaear warned us that they would look like that for now in an earlier thread.

There is also a few overlapping issues he is currently working on, so IMHO we just need to overlook these small things and bear with it and before we know it things will look even better than we thought they could. ;)

15. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

No worries, I just wanted to make sure it was reported. It's been a while since 7.9 came out, and I don't remember seeing that discussion.

Our Host!