Patches and problems.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dragon_Awakened, Apr 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

Horse problems

What about the Leucrotta in the temple? They nearly resemble horses don"t they? Just trying to help

2. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

@C-Blue: I very occasionally still have that problem with random encounter maps, typically one of the swamp maps, and typically once per game. Usually the monster complement is entirely undead when it occurs, a groaning spirit or two/group of lacedons/etc. I'm using the standard "4.0.1" install with Allyx's Smigmal Fix, Darmagon's spells, the portrait/voice pack, and your last two bits for testing purposes (though I'm sure they are unrelated, since the problem occurred long before they were even DL'ed).

--Blair
    "Mmmmm. Nothing says love like cold pizza in a cereal bowl."

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

And its taken in that spirit :)

I would agree that the leucrotta are the closest things to horses we got. but they are even closer to giant dogs or cats or whatever. You could reskin one brown, but it still wouldn't look like a horse. (I ran the idea past Cujo a while back and he was quite right to point out the flaws).

I think in the end a mod either adds too or detracts from the game. Painting a leucrotta brown and calling it a horse would probably detract more than it would add.

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Maybe the texture people should be working on this...put the horses in armor (barding) to cover up the fact that they are actually not horses. Kind of like wearing a helm or a hood changes the character model's appearance. Would this be worth a test to see a result? I don't think anyone could ride them regardless of what they look like.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, there's no horse-armour models, or anything like it that I can think of. Its a good idea, but atm we can only reskin existing models, not make new ones. So it would effectively be painting them silver or armour gry and calling them an armoured horse, rather than painting them brown ;)

I am pretty sure we won't be riding them whatever happens - that would be some .dll hack! Would be nice to give the guy in Rannos' stable something to do for a living... but we have been over that b4 Spike ;)

6. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

Here's a new one to me.

I've been through the indestructable frog issue( see above). Now here is a new one for me. How about a Random/Wandering encounter where the creature(s) don't show up on the map? I was ready to fight a pair of shadows on the darker swamp map. Now sometimes I have to move to get the creature(s) to react. So remembering this I had my party move in a random direction trying to get the shadows to activate. I walked around that entire map and the shadows were nowhere to be found. I ended up reloading my game and trying again (I got to have more fun since the new random encounter turned into a brawl with 4 trolls.)

Our Host!