Patches and problems.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dragon_Awakened, Apr 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Wow. I've never thrown a dagger at a summoned creature before, but I can see that happening now. I believe the game adds thrown weapons to the inventory of any creature hit. (Which makes sense. If you have a dagger stuck in you, it's technically in your possession. You can theoretically pull it out and attack someone else with it.) When a summoned creature disappears, their inventory goes with it. So, yeah, problem. I have no clue how to fix it, though. Maybe someone variation on what Livonya did with Animate Dead that dumped a creatures inventory on the ground?

2. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

Thrown Weapons

If a thrown weapon hits it does become part of the attacked creatures inventory. When my barbarian throws her light hammer it always ends up in their inventory on a successful hit. Too bad they never developed the throwing axe. (hint, hint) :)
    I restarted my game with a bit more knowledge. I now see some serious value in the Quick Draw feat, likewise I see two-weapon combat as useful. There was a major restructuring in the characters (remade 3 of them). I don't really like the things that were done to the ranger class so I don't use them anymore. Definitely saw use in Serena after putting 9 levels of fighter over her 3 levels of rogue. I definitely put a lot of work into developing that character NPC or not -- +3 chainmail( from Rannos or Gremag), +2 gloves of dexterity (purchased), +3 dagger, 2 +3 rapiers (all 3 weapons crafted by my wizard or my cleric) What she got from my group was far better than that rusty rapier and leather armor she started with though I did leave her 'Ring' in her possession.
    The Unicorn Ring: Does this do anything other than symbolize that my character has friends in the Elven Court? Can I enchant it? I understand weapon and armor crafting but have yet to try rings.
    The new game is going to be my last restart since KotB is going to be out soon.
    Peace to all and thanks for all the help.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

A release of KotB is going to be out soon, but its not for playing, its for people who want to get involved in creating. Lots of empty maps for people to put characters on, lots of characters with very little dialogue for people to expand, lots of guards in nifty uniforms who aren't yet scripted to keep a close eye on the party's behaviour, that sort of thing.

I would say save your next restar for Co8 4.1.0, which at least has a definite release date of May 2.

O and the Unicorn Ring has no special powers.

4. sleepy_greens

sleepy_greens Member

I've just got on here checking out the the mods and well was wondering weither or not is it possible for any of them to be compatible with patches 1,2,3 from atari

5. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

Only with patch 2. Don't install patch 3.

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

To be more precise, the mods here require that your installation be patched through the official Atari Patch 2. Patch 1 may or may not be necessary, but you are safe using it first, and then Patch 2. Co8 work is not compatible with Patch 3, but the latest Co8 mods fix everything Patch 3 does anyway.

7. Dragon_Awakened

oops

I was always under the impression KotB was going to be playable but thank you for the clarification.

8. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

Well, the unicorn ring has no special powers unless you are using Orion's Mod. But in that case, what are you doing _here_, anyway?...

:sadblinky

--Blair
    "What did you expect? She's a Druish princess."

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Laff!.. Maybe the Unicorn ring should do something like let the wearer cast a defensive spell [or, at least, something simple]? Can we do this in time for the Co8 4.1.0 release? Is this something we need to do or want to do or should do?

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Re: oops

When it's finished (some time later), it will be playable for everyone; What Ted's releasing soon is an unfinished version for more work by the modders.

11. Dragon_Awakened

For the record after reading all the stuff Co8 has been put through by Orion I would never knowingly or willingly use anything by him. I don't trust him. I have never used the craft ring feat and just wondered if perhaps I might be able to enchant it later. To make magic arms-and-armor you have to have a masterwork weapon or armor in the inventory of the spell cater using it. I just wondered if you had to have a ring in the caster's inventory in order to creat a magic ring. It used to be that a spell caster could further enchant already enchanted weapons. The only one I have been able to hype up was the frostbrand which I added holy, icy-burst, and shocking burst to. If I try to 'up' the enchantment on say a +1 or +2 shield or sword it would not allow the tweaking. Perhaps that unicorn ring gets turned into my own personalized +3 ring of protection. Just a thought.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Lets not start seeing 0rions under the bed, folks. I'm sure a lot of people have stared at that ring and wondered if it does anything (like summon a unicorn...)

"I kept rubbing it and rubbing it and nothing happened! Drat... but now back to this ring..." :eyebrow:

13. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You know, I just thought this could be easily re-solved by giving it a right-click description along the lines of "This non-magical ring of exquisite elven craftmanship is likely to be the prize of any collection."

If folks wanted to take it further, they could even add some dialogue to Nira the jeweler where he spots it on the PC and proceeds to haggle with them for it. That way the ring would still be "special" without adding yet another magical item to the game, and would stop people asking "What does it do?"

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

hmm - What does it do [or should do]? LoL!.. *smirk*

15. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Being a "Unicorn Ring", I think it ought to have special powers enabling the wearer to charm & bed all the ladies of the "Desperate Housewives" quest.

Or, it could just summon a one-horned horse. Any of those in the game?

Our Host!