Outdated modpack discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by LarkinVB, Mar 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

Re: Current mods & patches

What if you try running the game from the installation folder? Like going into C:\[wherever you installed the game]\toee.exe. Does anything happen? If not, you want to maek sure Windows XP is up to date from Windows Update. Make sure you're graphics card is up to date as well. Or, uninstall the game completely and delete the Atari folder (since you have installed patches that folder will still be there after an uninstall). You may have to reboot the machine once before you can delete that folder though. After the uninstall and the folde ris gone, reinstall again (lets keep it at Program Files though it really shouldn't matter) and don't install any patch. Try running the game and see if there's any response.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

For a long time (almost a year) I could not run ToEE from any directory other than C:\Program Files. I would get the same results you are having. I just bit the bullet and installed it to C:\Program Files and it worked fine. I never figured out what the problem was. When I last reinstalled (a week ago) I decided to try installing it to my G:\Program Files (where I like to run my games from) again and mysteriously this time it worked.

3. Ecstatic_Chuck

Ecstatic_Chuck Member

Thanks for the helpful suggestions! :doublethu

I followed offtheboat's suggestion to reinstall/update video card drivers and the game works fine now (except for the infamous Bink video choppiness)! Yay! :mrhappy:

Off I go! :rock:

4. gkapitso

gkapitso Member

Hello, i had a problem with the temple.zip patch by Mobius2778. installed the patch, and when i tried to cast magic missile (level 1 caster), i got about 513(!!!) missiles to distribute. Anyone had anything like that happening?
    Thanks for any help.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Unless I am very much mistaken, this is dealt with in the 'common problems' thread, stickied near the top of the list. Take a look there. You haven't installed all the files in the right places.

6. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

The first patch is only needed for the british version correct? the american version does not require installing both (it will successfully install the second patch right away).

How about making that distinction in the instructions?

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The second patch is absolutely necessary. I have heard nothing about it being installed automatically. Definately install Patch 2.

The concensis here is that while there is no definitive proof that Patch 1 is necessary if you have installed Patch 2, it cannot hurt and may help to install Patch 1 before installing Patch 2.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm not entirely sure which version I have (but I bought it in the uk - bargain bin style) but I can't install patch 2 without patch 1 - it unistalls itself!

9. lebeaux

lebeaux Member

I believe the latest fan patch claims to increase PC slots available to 6, but I don't see it. Am I wrong?

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you are using the ToEEFE version of Co8 4.0.0, open the ToEE frontend, click on the "modify maximum number of players in the party" button, this will bring up a pc/npc counter, you can select from 1 PC & 7 NPC's, to 8 PC's & 0 NPC's. If you want to play a game with more than 5 PC's create your characters first, then add all the PC's to your party pool (only 5 will be displayed - but they will be in the party).

11. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Are you using the ToEE Front-End to launch the game? It has a button "Modify Maximum Number of Players in the Party".

If you're not using ToEEFE, you have start the file TOEE_PCCount_Patcher.exe in your ToEE root directory and indicate the path to your temple.dll (it's in the ToEE root dir as well).

12. Green Knight

Green Knight Member

I'm having problems with my download, as well. When I try clicking on the regular ToEE icon, I get the following message pop up:

"Please insert the Temple of Elemental Evil Play Disc".

However, no matter how many times I press the Retry button, the game doesn't start.

Then when I click the TempleFrontend Icon, I get the following message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

So anyone know how to fix this so I can play again? Thanks.

13. Morpheus

This didn't happen before you installed the mod pack? Sometimes Atari's official patch 2 causes problems, because of the crappy copy protection. Try installing a no-cd-patch (http://www.gamecopyworld.com).

14. Hochvater

Hochvater Member

ok...now i posted my questiuon where it should have been posted...but now... i have a question regarding this thread....does the new co8 4.0.0 mod have a level cap remover included...and do i need to install any official or unofficial patches before i install the mod...and is there a readme file somewhere?

15. Morpheus

Our Host!