Outdated modpack discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by LarkinVB, Mar 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Most likely you have all 3 Atari patches already integrated if your getting the stated error. You could try playing as such and just adding the Co8 stuff - some have done that and reported success. But Co8's material is designed to be current with (up to) Atari Patch 2, so there's no guarantees. Best bet is to grab the retail box from the discount bin, should go for $10 now I'd think.

2. old64mb

old64mb Member

Well, did some digging around the Atari forums. Appears that if my version was downloaded around Xmas 03, I should have patch 1 - but not patch 2.

Which means I guess I either get to download a new full patch 3 version or beg trygames for a specific patch 2 update that will work with this. Or buy one from bargain bin, but that ruins the fun since I try not to buy games anymore. Anyone have a slightly hacked patch 2 update file that will let me just copy over stuff on the exes and dlls?

Oh well, thanks for the help.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  3. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Older trygames version is definitely patch1 or even pre-patch.
    Current "Digital Purchase" (1200mb) version is patch2.
    You can get some idea by looking at your install - if it has temple.dll, that means it is at least patch2, because game engine is exported into this separate dll only since patch2.
    Before patch2 game engine was stuffed into toee.exe, which also serves as a shareware/copy protection. That is especially essential for trygames version, because it is totally different from usual cd version, and sports their nasty trademark protection. Which involves decryption of encrypted game data files (toee1.dat and modules\toee.dat) at runtime. This is done to prevent game stealing, so you couldn't download full trial, apply official patch, put a no-cd crack ontop and have a fully functional version for free. At least that's their idea.
    Anyway, if temple.dll is present in your install, I think all the mods around here could work for you without problems.
    If there is no temple.dll, hope you can download newer version with your current license. Otherwise you're pretty much stuck. Though most mods should work ok still.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  4. silvannus

silvannus Member

The link to Moebius dll fix is not working (at least for me), and the alternative link seems to have an old version, as it does not fix the problem with the spike chain proficiency feat.

Is there any other link to download the last version?

(I know I have posted the same question in the thread about the spike chain, but consider this a bump with additional functions ;) )

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The locally mirrored file IS the latest version. Check the readme: It says "Bug introduced by the MWP fix in handling Exotic Weapon Proficiencies fixed".

Are you sure you have installed it correctly?

6. silvannus

silvannus Member

:blush: I was searching in the read.me for the string 'spike'.

Anyway, I did install the temple.dll from that thread, and later I added the fixes to correct the bard spell bonus and the maxHP/level. I'm going to try to repeat the problem.

Thanks!

7. Morpheus

Update

Re-added official patch 1 to the list, since a couple of guys seem to think patch 2 doesn't contain all the fixes from patch 1.

Also added Liv's Mod.

We now have a new download section where you can find a copy of the post above.

8. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Re: Current mods & patches

You know, winrar extracts EXE files!
    Try extracting patch 2 with winrar and then overwrite whatever files are needed. You will probably need a no cd crack since what you download online is not using securom, but some other protection scheme

9. MB

MB Member

What is the difference between Liv's version 1.5.1 and 1.5.2?

10. Morpheus

1.5.2 is just an installer version of Liv's mod 1.5.1, otherwise it's identical. It was made available for download "by accident" on the temporary board we had a while ago. I'm still working on it, tweaking the installer options etc. When I DO release it officially, I'll probably name it 1.5.1 Setup Version or something, to avoid confusion (but maybe Liv will have released her 2.0 mod by then, so I'll just do an installer version of that one).

11. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Hey, wait a minute: I used it and now my game is using those files: what's wrong with the 1.5.2?

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Nothings wrong with the 1.5.2 its just made easyer to install otherwise it IS 1.5.1 :blegh:

13. Morpheus

Livonya's Beta 1.5.1 Mod Setup Version

Okay, here is the quick-and-easy Setup Version of Liv's 1.5.1 mod:

http://files.co8.org/mods/Livonya's Beta 1.5.1 Mod Setup.exe

I changed the accompanying installation instructions (obviously), added an alternative version of levelup.tab (used for NPC levelling) as well as the file maplist.mes (unfogging of towns) and a few art files ((ioun stone icons) that were in Co8 3.0.4, but not in Liv's 1.5.1. Apart from that, this is 100% identical with Liv's original 1.5.1 release.

You do not need to worry about those weirdly named files in the map folder anymore, the Setup Wizard automatically deletes them.

I also made the "No Fog of War" feature optional (just like it was in earlier Co8 patches), since some people like to play with fog of war. Same thing for NPCs levelling up like PCs: You can now turn this on/off.

Have fun!

14. JamesTheLion

JamesTheLion Member

Morpheus is THE Man!!!

nuff said.

15. Cabbex

Cabbex Member

would you by any chance have the no play CD patch
    :dizzy:

Our Host!