Our installation situation is a disaster - the saga of Co8 4.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Toffee 3.1 has arrived

I inform everyone who is working hard on the Co8 4.0.0 package that the Temple of Elemental Evil Front-End Professional v3.1 (ToEEFE 3.1, Toffee 3.1, etc). has been released and is available for download in the appropriate thread. According to the requests of the community, the following things have been added to version 3.1:

- Added support for Drifter's Humble NPCs patch
    - Added an internal PC count patcher
    - Updated the documentation (added an answer to the question "How to change the default module when Toffee is started")
    - Fixed some minor bugs

Someone, please test whether the PC count still resets every time Toffee is started. Shiningted reported this bug yesterday, and I worked hard to fix it, so it shouldn't do it anymore (at least according to my tests) -- but anyway, if someone encounters the PC count being reset every time Toffee is started, please report this to me)

NOTIFICATION: Members of the Circle of Eight who are working on the Co8 patch version 4.0.0 are explicitly given the right to redistribute ToEEFE Pro v3.1 as a part of the Co8 4.0.0 package, provided that the proper credit is given to everyone who worked on the front-end or on its integrated elements (Agetian, Dulcaoin, Drifter), and provided that the original installation package format is unchanged (both the executable and the documentation file is inside).

I hope you enjoy the new revision of Toffee. :)
    - Agetian

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: Our installation situation is a disaster

I wasn't saying Allyx was responsible, I was just saying that the first appearence of a san_heartbeat script causing the associated NPC to appear naked that I remember hearing about was when Allyx was working on his Shop Map. Now we have a naked St. Cuthbert possibly caused by a san_heartbeat script attachment point. Are other NPCs with san_heartbeat scripts being effected similarly? We need to seriously look in to this.

Thanks Agetian! The speed at which you work always amazes me.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I wasn't trying to be a wanker and I didn't think you were saying it was his fault, I was just eleminating the shop map from the puzzle...

4. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Cujo : actually when liverpool had the old man as goalie in the early 80s.. and was always top of the table i actually liked them too:)
    Note to cujo and allyx:)
    (fyi I now live in the colon err the USA:) and since im a chef.. central and south america are strongly represented in my kitchens...)

fa cup debates have nothing on the riots over mexico vrs usa england panama(an internal riot breaks out between dishwashers,japan (the seafood/sushi provider and a busboy come to blows) or pretty much anywhere

anyways has teds (no blame here i just know when i expereince it ) mod been fixed for ah fong CTds??

err to avoid them i mean:)

just wondering since i hadnt seen anything beyond "consulting with agetain" which is pretty close to a yes anyways but i thought id ask

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes Ah Fong has been fixed (thankyou Agetian, thankyou Steve Moret who confirmated what Agetian did).

Yes, Allyx was right about this being somehow related to the heartbeat thing, if you take it out he appears ok.

I don't play with Allyx's shopmap and certainly get the problem.

Iuz spawns fully clothed, so i don't think it is affecting spawning issues in general.

I tried changing the dlg-starting thing to run from san_enter_combat but it didn't work and more to the point, St C still spawned nekked.

I do believe I shall get back to it. O and I fixed the Otis' joining overloaded thing (he doesn't bring his normal chainmail and longsword, so long as u haven't nicked his magical gear) but don't know about his shop problems. I have a vague feeling Liv fixed this and Burne's? Or was that still to come?

Edit: O and tested that stuff in Toffee Agetian was talking about, for anyone who was concerned - yes he does work fast :) It works fine.

6. bradrinwi

sounds great is the new improved teds 1.2.X gonna be avalible pre.. co8 4.0???
    hopefully in an nice easy to use with toffee format.

7. Shiningted

No it isn't, and its not improved in any meaningful way play-wise... were u getting Ah Fong CTDs? The fix requires a game restart, so it won't be that helpful sorry :(

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Otis & other NPCs & stuff

I checked into this and here's the scoop, from Liv's 2.0 changelog:

Note that this was all promised for 2.0, not included in 1.5. Given this, I'm really starting to wish we had her 2.0. Has anyone tried to contact her recently? Maybe she'd be willing to at least submit what she's got, even if it isn't finished. :shrug:

Look here for the complete rundown on what was coming. A lot of cool stuff in there.

9. bradrinwi

yes i was getting CTDs art AH Fongs intermitently

and even though the other improvments made dont effect or advance "game play "much they are nice clean up touches

actually considering the condition of raw Toee anythng that neatens up the game cosmeticlly or substance wise is an improvment.

so is the fixed teds mod DL able or not until the co8 4.0 release?

10. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Re: Otis & other NPCs & stuff

I agree that we at least have to try and contact Livonya and see if there is anything that can be submitted, let it even be unfinished. Livonya's second mysterious vanishing is ever more worrying than the first one... Liv was back after a long period of absence, and she explained her health problems, but at the same time she promised to release whatever she has done (unfinished v2.0), but then she disappeared yet again. I'd say that one of the people with administrator rights here (Sol Invictus, Morpheus, etc.) have to check her e-mail and try to contact her, and ask whether the release of at least something is possible. I've had discussions about this with Shiningted and Allyx before (several times), but I don't think that any actual action was taken. Personally I don't know Liv's e-mail address and can't look it up because I'm a moderator and not an admin, so that's why I can't take any action myself (otherwise I would have already dug Livonya back from anywhere, wherever she may be, believe me and my perseverance ;) ). Therefore, I ask those people who *have* the rights to take action to actually do something about it. This is important for the community, for there may be fixes and additions that may very well fit into the upcoming Co8 4.0.0 release.

- Agetian

11. Cerulean the Blue

Why will it require a restart? For a Toffee Pro module, disabling the module (which deletes the modules .dat file) and then restarting it (which will create a new .dat file), along with clearing the map cache, should be enough if all you have done is changed the mob files.

Sol Invictus and Morpheus - Yes, please do try to contact Liv, but do it because we miss her and are concerned about her, not because we want whatever work she has done on 2.0.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  12. Cerulean the Blue

Could someone who is experiencing the Unclothed St. Cuthbert issue please try going through the Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, and True Neutral opening viginettes. These all have NPCs with sans_heartbeat scripts. Try them and see if the NPC who speaks to you is naked. I have tried it and they are clothed, but I have never experienced this problem with Cuthbert.

Edit: I spawned Cuthbert and he was naked. So it seems that not every NPC with san_heartbeat scrips are affected. Curious.

Edit: I can get Cuthbert to wear robes or clothing, just not armor. This is getting very curious indeed.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  13. Shiningted

Seconded. Just realised that last night: we planned to contact Liv but never did. It never happened cause we were waiting for Morpheus to come back.

Cuthbert thing is solved: its taken me all of the past 2 days (time I could have been doing much more important things I might add) but I found the problem. Someone slipped some druid and monk levels into his proto for some reason, then didn't bother testing the effect this would have. Like a good druid (or monk) he refused to wear heavy armour. They may as well have made him a gay pirate dentist-ranger and be done with it.

Uploading my version as we speak.

Edit: wasn't the heartbeat after all - wonder what made me think it was?

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Oops that was me, I changed him to be more like the version in the P&P module when I made the protos for drifters con bonus fix.

Sorry guy's. :cry:

15. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The problem being, I don't have Liv's mail addy either. Sol should be able to figure it out though, since he owns the board and her address must be stored somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!