Our installation situation is a disaster - the saga of Co8 4.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: Our installation situation is a disaster

Just a thought, It seems the heartbeat itself is at fault, what if you changed it so instead of spawning cuthbert directly, you spawn an invisable spawner to spawn cuthbert to start with a san_dialogue? Or just spawn cuthbert to start on a dialogue instead of a heartbeat? I would try it myself but scriping is not my area of expertise.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

not to my knowledge either, unless I mod in my sleep, I'm pretty sure I don't tho.

he's not totally naked tho isn't he, wasn't he wearing gloves and boots?

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

And wasn't he wearing his, erm, cudgel ...?
    <runs away, Ted-style>

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Cheeky :p

Yeah sorry didn't meant to be misleading, he certainly has boots and gloves on. Just not the armour.

Allyx, there is doubtless an exceptionally complicated way to do it - like following Liv's thing of using san_enter_combat to start the dialogue (after setting Cuthbert to KOS!) But I'd prefer a way that fixes the problem: anyone got any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I have kind of fallen behind I guess but I don't know what toffee, and wb is. Is a new co8 in the process and the debate is what will be in it and how it's going to be presented? I'm still pretty confused here.

6. Shiningted

Yes, yes and yes.

'Toffee' is the nickname suggested by some cunning linguist for ToEEFE, Agetian's Front-End for ToEE that lets you easily integrate various mods such as Drifter's max HP on lvl-up and max HP for NPCs and such (now including PC patcher) and clean the map cache with the [ush of a button and other useful things, AND lets you easily play other modules. Its very useful and wil be essential once KotB comes out (hopefully the demo is only a few short months off :)) or any other module for that matter - indeed it lets you easily play parallel versions of ToEE with say patched core game / Co8 modded game / modded with my stuff or Allyx's or whatever, all able to run off one install of the game. It WILL be part of Co8 4.0.0 because the brief discomfort of learning to use it (surely mitigated by the Co8 4.0.0 .exe when it comes out) is vastly outwieghed by the benefits.

ToEEWB ('World Builder') is a modding tool, and without going into technical details it answers all the 'wish we had toolsets' prayers that used to turn up weekly on the Atari forums.

O and my mod greatly enhances the whole 'Fruella in the party' experience, but NOT at her expense! Did i mention that? :yes:

7. Shiningted

Testing Toffee

Testing is done on the latest version of Toffee, seems to work fine with Humble NPCs integrated, and I have fixed the 'Otis overloaded on joining' issue. Will bite the bullet on Cuthbert and implement a wierd workaround for his armour, and have my end finished tomorrow :)

8. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Sounds good to me. I'll certainly try it out.

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Has anyone fixed the 'Otis' inventory doesn't revert to shop mode when he leaves the party' bug?

10. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Re: Testing Toffee

No, the testing is not done, Ted. :)
    That bug you mentioned (the PC count getting reset every time) needs to be re-tested in a newer update. Please get back to testing (check your e-mail). Thanks.

- Agetian

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well, he's still wearing his little speedo that all the guys have, isn't he? Or did Cujo get in there and 'man him up,' so to speak?

If you guys can't get him to show up clothed, just have the "clover leaf" and "fig tree" (or whatever they're called) spawn as well. That might help explain his condition. Plus, he'd be really pissed at Iuz and Hedrack for their bad timing.

12. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

If he can't be given armor, how about having him appear nude, with a sheep?

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

<Cuthbert> IUZ!!! I was busy with that lovely young woman in Nulb. Oh! who's this lot then? :shy: - umm ... this thing ... isn't for mortal ears... WHAT? So you know Mary then ... umm ... what will it take you keep you quiet about this?

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: Testing Toffee

Ted, have you determined, as Allyx suggested, if the san_heartbeat is causing this problem? If it is, then we may have a more serious problem on our hands, because it will mean that something we have done to the game has adversely effected the sans_heartbeat attachment point. Iirc, this problem with san_heartbeat first showed up when Allyx was making the Shop Map, so it is fairly recent. We should really get to the bottom of this before we post Co8 4.0.

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

But I havn't installed the shop map and I've got a naked Cuthbert,
    all Ive got is Co8 3, Livs and Teds (cos its got pretty much everything in it thats been done since Livs and Co8 3) so it wasn't allyx who dunit (well not his shop anyway)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!