Our installation situation is a disaster - the saga of Co8 4.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: Our installation situation is a disaster

Ok, I see the problem Old Book, the download is about 4 meg's shorter than my zip, i'll try again.

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Thanks. :)

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

My 2 cents. I really like Drifters mods. I normally play Co8 and temple .dll with humble-npc and max hp. I cheat like hell with the console, I edit the protos and .dlg files to my liking and I have FUN. The modders have done a cool job, and it's time to create an all encompassing package. I've got so many files in Toee I can hardly keep track of them. It is encouraging to see to see all the commentary and interest that's going on. Now, if LIV would re-appear with mucho new content, wow, then we could really rock. Very interesting!

4. Old Book

Just as a personal note where Drifter's stuff is concerned, I'd like the option of using the Humble NPCs patch as part of TOFEE. I don't like using NPCs at all without it.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

try again now Old Book. It looks ok now.

6. Old Book

That fixed it. :)

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I do believe that Drifter's Humble NPCs and Max HP hacks are already available as options through Toffee.

Well, lets take this one on next. I have to admit I haven't played DH. So . . . could someone post a brief recap of what its about? Then perchance Lord Spike could weigh in on whether its appropriate.

Ted - are you reluctant to include it for modesty's sake or is it actually "goofy" and "inappropriate" for ToEE? And yes, Ted has the final say.

Question: Are we making any progress on Blue's first recommendation of eliminating obsolete links?

8. Old Book

Max HP is available. Humble NPCs is not.

It's a series of small fed-ex quests that turns out to be an Ultima cross over. The dialog is well done, there are two three in-town fights (for amusement value more than a serious challenge) and one tougher end fight. The final quest reward is useful without being overpowered. Personally I'd like to see it included.

9. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Thanks Allyx!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  10. Cerulean the Blue

Sorry Ted, I spoke before I checked. You have indeed removed them. Excellent work!

I think "available" means if you have the Max HP executable in your ToEE directory you can use it by checking a box in Toffee. If it the executable is not there the check box does nothing. We'll have to check with Agetian on that one. I wonder if we could trouble Agetian to incorporate Humble NPCs into Toffee the way he has done with Max HP?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'd like to see a check-box for Humble NPCs myself, i mean I never use it but it should definitely be an option in the pack and that would be the easiest way to do it. But it means more work for an already overworked Agetian. And if we could fully integrate the PC Patcher, that'd be handy too.

O and Gaear, I am not being humble ;) Its just the fact that as seems now to be widely known now DH is an Ultima-themed little cross-over thing that won't be to everyone's taste. As I mentioned somewhere before, when I started it, Liv and Zhuge were still here and I only ever envisaged it as a side thing not part of a wider mod that would become a major part of Co8 4. And a couple of scenes are played for laughs in a way that will have hard-core role-players cringing (but everyone else having fun, I hope :))

12. Old Book

The mod had a lot more flavour than most of the original Hommlet quests, and I liked the silly bits.

Everyone's tastes or not, the mod was much appreciated. :)

13. Cerulean the Blue

Like Troika didn't put in a few laughs. You yourself have a blog entry devoted to the humorous dialog for low INT characters. And what DM worth his d20 doesn't play at least one encounter for laughs?

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well let's see then . . . what do you want to do Ted, have a poll?

Personally I'm leaning toward leaving it out (guess I don't know what I'm missing ;) ), based on the Ultima thing and your own better judgement leaning toward 'nay.' But I tend to be contrary like that, so . . .

Shall we poll?

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorry Gaear, I don't listen to people who don't even BOTHER PLAYING MY MOD!!

:p Yeah lets do an anonymous poll, its painful and I hope people don't think I am being precious, but DH is in direct violation of the Co8 tenets of being either bug-fixes or ammendments to get the game to conform to the (3.5) rules, so I would appreciate some feedback from folks.

Poll away :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!