Our installation situation is a disaster - the saga of Co8 4.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Re: Our installation situation is a disaster

a few things firstl defiently a heculean task blue. Ill go and fetch that lion.. and if you have time maybe you can divert a river or something .. and theres this one guy whos been pushing a rock uphill... oh wait never mind:)

anyways truly awesome ..
    and as for allyxs stuff I say in so far with the new typo free version ivehad no CTDs
    your milage may vary:)

theres still a few days til compression right?? maybe make a this space reserved and get a few people testing for ctds and if all give the no CTds then include it otherwise one backspace will remove the reserved space..

so far a 1st now 5th lvl party has had no problems and my uber 15-20th lvl guys no problems ..
    havent tested bard or monk yet..

and i hate to see sorcerer/bard but thats a known issue..

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Alternatively, we could just link the thread on the Atari boards.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think that would be better. The bug list and all associated testing and discussion ranges over something like 10 pages.

Wow, that was a long-ass post. Sorry. :errf:

p/s - <sigh> How I long for the days of .dll hacking without ego management . . . :shame:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  4. Gaear

What's the word, Allyx, is this stuff stable? I'm not in a position to test it.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Give me the link and I will put it in. I never go to the Atari boards.

Re: Bugfix list for moebius' temple.dll - When was it released? Does it contain fixes from earlier Co8 releases, or was it incorporated into them? Some of the things in the list you posted are identical, word for word, to things in the release notes of earlier Co8 releases, going back as far as v1.1.0. I am at a loss as to how to interpret this. Please advise.

Edit: So far only one person has voiced any sentiment about whether or not to include Allyx's latest stuff. Since we have had no objections, and the only tester to post says it's not messing anything up, I am inclined to include it. In fact, I'm going to go work on that now.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I havn't been able to do much lately so I'v got no idea if its good or not. I've got to do some testing to do today on other things and it'll have to be released later when I know whats what.

7. Gaear

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Thanks Cerulean, I still need near duplicate scripts for the other familiars - you know what to do.

9. Cerulean the Blue

The release is ready to go. I'm sending it to Morpheus tomorrow. The contents are listed in a separate thread started by Krunch. Unfortunately, Allyx and I and others are still working on Allyxs new spells, so they are not in 4.0.0. I expect they will be released shortly, along with some new stuff by Cujo, and perhaps Darmagon.

I think 4.0.0 does a pretty good job of wrapping up all the major releases here since 3.0.4 came out. Let's not wait so long until the next one. I say 6 months tops.

I would like to thank eveyone who assisted me in putting this together, and for the support they gave me. A special thanks to Gaear, without whom I probably would have given up on this project.

10. Gaear

Good work, Blue.

I have what is hopefully my last irritating question: any chance we could make an installer package that includes just Co8 3.0.4 and moebius, so that the "I only want rules and bug fixes" crowd could be silenced? We could call it Co8 3.0.5, and consider it a current release alongside 4.0.0. Maybe take out Burne's Puzzles too, since it's a new content mod.

4.0.0 = fixes and new content

3.0.5 = just fixes

:shrug:

11. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The installer package is almost finished. Should I send it just to a few select people for testing purposes (beware elitism! ;)), or link it here as an official Release Candidate?

As for separating new content and fixes, this has already been discussed several times. The problem is that a lot of files contain both. Someone would have to go through literally hundreds of files and decide which is which. I don't see that happening.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I'll play ToEE and be a tester this weekend. You could post it, unofficially, in this thread for a short time, such as, this weekend.

13. Cerulean the Blue

Great news Morpheus!

I think we can go ahead and post it as a release candidate. To my knowledge, the only part of it that hasn't already been tested extensively is the changes to the Hezrou Stench, and I see no reason why those changes would introduce additional problems.

As for separating fixes and new content, Liv's mod contains so many fixes that it would be a diservice to not include those in a "fixes" patch. But seperating out those fixes from the new content would be a task not even I am up to. Thanks to ShiningTed's response to Orion, we have been able to make DH an optional install. It is only the addition/removal of two files to enable/disable it (really only one file, but I used both per Ted's instructions to be on the safe side). As for the other new content, I have yet to hear anyone say that they played both and prefered the game without it.

14. Gaear

Be advised, the Co8 4.0.0 RC1 installation package upload effort is experiencing technical difficulties. The length of the delay is uncertain at this time. Please stand by. :paper:

15. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

Famous last words.:tombstone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!