Otis, Burne, Mother Scrag etc..

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Adoniis, Aug 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

I've played most all the alignments thus far except the Good ones (Lawful, Chaotic). I know you have to have visited the temple, and cleared out the moathouse, and not shown Burne the Gold Skull yet. I've done (or not done) all those and still they wont offer to join me. Do you need to be a certain alignment? or do something certain? (FYI I let Lareth live and join me, then let him escape, but I kill him after I rescue him and I get the Moathouse Cleaner rep still. Is that what the problem is?)

I read Otis will re-join you once after you leave the temple, but he wont rejoin me. He only insults me and says he will only help a good group destroy the temple.

Last but not least, mother Scrag (spelling?). I heard she'll join you, but again I don't know how to get her. Can anyone assist?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong...

Burne will join your group AFTER you've been to the temple, but will leave and will not rejoin once you've shown him the golden skull.

Otis will join any party once, will only rejoin a good aligned party After you've discovered the various factions in the temple (air temple, earth temple, fire temple and water temple).

Mother Screng (AKA Cannoness Y'day) will join the group only if you also have Otis (for the second time) and if you recruit Murfles as well.

3. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Aye, thats when I usually go there. After I've been to the temple once or twice.

Will those two join any alignment? Or perhaps is there a way to "force" NPCs to join? (with a console command or something?)

4. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

yes...go to the temple and don't have a 'scary' party and burne will join youn and when you look at otis' stash(but not take it) there's some extra stuff about him so you can force him to join you...not sure if he joins twice tho

5. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

"Scary"" as in Evil? Sorry, kind of new around town and I'm not up on the lingo ;)

6. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

oh well that's when you have NPCs in party that people hate like Darely, lareth, Oolghrist etc.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I believe if you rescue Lareth, Burne and Rufus will never join you. If you let Lareth join your party for a time but never kill him, you have the Friend of Lareth rep and they will not join you. I haven't tried killing Lareth in the tower dungeon to see what happens then.

8. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Thanks guys. Next time through I'm gonna just take Lareth out. I don't need his shop anyways ;)

Our Host!