Other games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wizgeorge, Mar 1, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I've never played IcewindDale and I was wondering if it is worth buying. I'm not a very good game player and can't do the fast, shoot'em up types. Too old and slow. ToEE is just my style and most favorite. Blast away!

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I can definitely recommend both Icewind Dale I and II, as well as the follow up to the original Icewind Dale.

Both are great games and very true to good 'ol DnD. Have you tried/played the Baldur's gate games or Planescape? They rank right up there too!:thumbsup:

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Have you played Balder's Gate? It's the same as that. I don't like the combat system. But both series are great. ;)

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh, missed this thread.

Definitely try Baldur's Gate if you haven't - it's a big step behind ToEE in combat, but a big step forward in plot. And while it is real-time, you just hit space-bar to pause everything, give everyone their orders, then hit go and watch what happens.

5. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

IMO the most irritating thing about Baldur's Gate is the endless traveling you have to do to get from place to place. I've been told there is a mod that allows you to travel directly on the world map, saving much time and trouble. I think the map mod is at Gibberlings 3, but I'm not sure on that.

If you read the threads on Baldur's Gate at another web site, you can find info on how to combine Baldur's Gate I and Baldur's Gate II, Baldur's Gate Tutu, I think it's called. It's much more fun that way.

I like ToEE better, but BG is fun, too.

Our Host!