Orion's ToEE complete fixes - beta (part A)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by 0rion79, Sep 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Seeing as you're already on the bottom, you'd better hang on tight just so you don't fall off...

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

And thats the other thing, some people can't take jokes, I'm stuck here with a bunch of Stupid Aussies (how does an Aussies farmer keep flies out of his kitchen? puts a bucket of shit in his living room), Cocky Americans (cos all of north & south america is the USA), Scheeming Russians (I've run out of race related insults) and they forget to take things with a grain of salt, and have a laugh. :Being_a_s

3. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

gaear yes i know it was a joke:)

i just couldnt resist replying to it:)

and no im not gun shy.. but.. i do realize that there is a history here im unfamilar with and as such its better to ask than tread loudly on sacred groun..

everycommunity has than anywhere in cyber or "real" space (at least on earth:)

so why not ask..

yes the recent tone was a partial catalyst..but.. at some point i would have made sure im not un knowingly treading on something the group concouesness decieded was a "bad idea"(tm)
    or by adding psionics*if successful* treading on forbidden ground with no hope of ever being part of an offical release...

cujo sorry i live in north america .. and have lived more north where its called "canada"or the arctic...(sub arctic anyways:)

and moving back down to the states and when visiting family in Brittain im reminded.. of the north america =USA world view..

hell most US citizens *the ones born here.. not the ones who come from another part of the world make my teeth itch.. as they equate all of america into "mexicans" or the USA....(anyone not obviously chinese.. indian ..native american("first nations") or afracian american..)

not surpisingly most college grads here cant do geography for shit..

so my condolensces..

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Wow! I can't remeber the last time I made somebodies teeth itch. Teeth itching is a good thing, right? :p

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Yah, we do need to fix the south border at the Rio Grande on the US side...put up a 50 foot tall x 20 foot thick steel-reinforced concrete wall with a road on top it (or something similar) and guard it to put a complete stop to the mass invasion of illegal immigrants.

[EDIT 1] It could be used as a method to create lots of new jobs for American US citizens over a 10+ year period just like the Tennessee Valley Authority project. It should start at both ends in Texas and California and meet in the middle..."The Grande Wall" built by Americans for Americans.

[EDIT 2] For those of you who do not know, Los Angeles has about 13 million inhabitants, and it is estimated that over 1 million of those inhabitants are illegal immigrants [that is about 1 person out of every 13 people in Los Angeles are not US citizens and do not have the privileges and rights of being American citizens].

Note: Canadians, on the other hand, are great next door neighbors. Canadians are, typically, peaceful and friendly to the US and only get upset over jokes about their Canadian beer and hockey. (Remember Bob & Doug McKenzie? I still get a kick out of hearing the annual seasonal playing of the McKenzie brothers songs during Christmas seasons here in the US.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  6. bradrinwi

umm blue no.. :) i refer to to my earlier comment about being an elitist snob..:)

but not ethnocentric:)

krunch.. youll be exhibt A when i get my next Dr in social anthropology..of highly tech oriented societies..
    under.. nationalism gone to far i think:)

Note:i currently live in Wisconsin*i use live in a very loose sense.. after all this is wisconsin:)*
    we dont have satire or sardonic wit.. here its illegal i think..:)

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

California has a serious problem with illegal immigration by illegals from Mexico. The USA is stuck trying to fix the problem. Mexico is doing so very little to try to fix things on their side of the border, the government of Mexico lacks real effort to improve their situation for their peoples.

8. bradrinwi

krunch having lived in half mon and monterey bays as well as silly valley*sunnevale and palo alto* im very aware of this ..and its pretty atrocious and pathetic in many respects

9. Lord_Spike

Nogales - August, 2005; on the southern side of the fence. Couldn't wait to get back. Felt worse there than the Phillipines did in 1986, or Panama in 1989. Of course, I'm not as adventurous as I was in my youth...

Krunch, I agree that the walls need strengthening...but not in height or thickness - it's the people guarding them that will (and do) make the difference. And they can't do jack $#!+ without the resources they need. I know for a fact that bad people enter the US every day...people that make our home grown baddies look like kittens. Homeland Security needs unity & direction, as well as resources...mainly people. Border Patrol, Immigration & Customs Enforcement and the Coast Guard would be the best places to start, IMO.

Bradwinri - African-Americans are AMERICANS by definition. Many of their ancestors were her long before many of mine...and probably yours, too. One thing it seems that is not outlawed in Wisconsin is irony.

Man this thread has taken some turns, hasn't it?

Attached Files:

10. bradrinwi

lord spike yes .. i used the term merely to point out the exclusions applied by most us citizens .. before terming someone mexican or american...
    regardless of other possiblities..

and no doubt they were since my family has been mostly in france germany and the Uk until about 30 yrs ago:)

11. bradrinwi

"One thing it seems that is not outlawed in Wisconsin is irony."

isnt that something made out of metal??:0

"gosh this sword is irony."

12. Lord_Spike

...........:paper:

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Just dig a 200 mile wide moat around the whole country, it seems to work here... hold on no it doesn't we get all the islanders overstaying and a few other people 2, on the new last night some one thats not sposed to be here has spend the last 9 years in jail (at the NZ tax payers expence) when he should've had his nuts cut off for his crimes (couldn't understand how the verbal evidence of a woman could've sent him to jail).

I don't know why anyone would want to go to another country anyway, they're all full of foreigners.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Come to Oz Cujo, you'll feel right at home in Bondi :grin:

We've got one poor bugger here spent 7 YEARS in detention just for turning up without the right papers. Thats just wrong. I wonder if its where ol' Dubya got the whole camp X-ray idea from.

15. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

Any chance someone is going to ToEEFE up this mess? I tried installing over my ToEEFE Ted's 1.2, and perhaps I didn't put things in the right places, but I had some problems.

I get a consistent CTD every time I walk into the grove, for starters. And I can't seem to get Burne's apprentice to sell me anything, even though the readme says she now has Burne's old inventory. It was about that time I got discouraged and reverted back to standeard Ted's 1.2.

For that matter, is anyone seriously looking at this? There have been some pretty disparaging comments made in this thread regarding Orion, who I will admit seems to have come off rather heavy-handed, particularly with regard to permission to modify other people's work. Nevertheless, I can see some good ideas in his changelog.

If possible, I'd like to turn this discussion from "Why some parts of this mod never should have come about" to "Who has played this mod?" and "What was good, or at least workable, about it?"

Our Host!