Original Co8 3.0.4 patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackfly, Jan 1, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

If someone could please help.

I got a little too curious and downloaded a mod that was impossible to remove and it made the game way to easy. I have reinstalled the game with all of Ataris patches, and the FanFixes 3.0.4. I cannot get masterwork weapons with this patch, and I am assuming it works with the original (available on the Co8 homepage) but the homepage is gone, and I am having a hell of a time finding it. If someone could PLEASE post it I would be greatly indebted.

Happy New Year

2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

3. blackfly

Thank you very much. But the link only gives me the Fan Fixes 304. I am looking for the ORIGINAL Co8 patch. This gives the Katana, dialogue addition for Brother Smythe and other goodies. The Fan fixes patch does not have this and without being able to get the masterwork option some character choices are less interesting. I would like to know why the Co8 homepage is not up, but thank you nevertheless.

4. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

That's odd. Katanas and masterwork items from Brother Smyth are still in protos.tab and blacksmith.dlg the last time I checked v3.0.4. I don't think Nomad made any changes.
    In general, all changes/mods in previous mod packs are also included in the latest one (unless the particular change has already been fully tackled in an official patch).

Please recheck your downloaded version. You can still download v3.0.4 from the main site (http://www.co8.org/files/patch/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4.zip)
    which is largely still down because of the previous hack attack.

EDIT: Please use this address for download:
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/hold4nomad/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4.zip
    The files from the main site have a bugged start_equipment.mes which was not corrected.

5. blackfly

Sorry.

I just downloaded your link and I still do not get masterwork weapons. This is a big blow. You cannot get masterwork Dwarven war axes or Falchions, otherwise, and cannot get tower metal shields. SAD.

Are you sure there is no way to find the original patch outside of the homepage? Surely, somewhere it must be catalogued, but I do not know where to look. I have tried other sites for help, but all have the Fanfixes version, not the beta version.

Thank you anyway.

6. zhuge

I just downloaded v3.0.4 from the above link and rechecked both using an editor and from gameplay. I can certainly confirm Masterwork Falchions, Dwarven WarAxes and Metal Tower Shields are in the blacksmith's dialogue and work as thay are supposed to. Therefore I suspect you have not installed the mod pack properly.

Please check to see if this file (00059blacksmith.dlg) which should be in the Temple of Elemental Evil/data/dlg folder contains additional lines 200 - 2632 by opening it up using Notepad.

Anyway AFAIK, we have released a v1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 modpack. If you still want a "beta" version, you'll have to tell me which one and whether or not it came with an installer.

Hope you can get your problem worked out.

7. blackfly

I am not very knowledgeable in computers; you will have to forgive my seemingly basic ignorance.

I went into the game, and found the install wizard and it seemed to up and install. I then tried to confirm this, but upon startup, the game CTD after the intro scene. I will try to remove the folder that disables the intro, but I am at a loss otherwise.

8. blackfly

I reinstalled all the patches,and everything seems okay.

Strangely, I cannot use the mouse and point to a character to enable him to act. I have to point to the character's icon to enable him to act. Weird, but livable. I will make a separte post on this one.

9. zhuge

One way to troubleshoot is to first restore your old temple.dll (the original one provided in patch 2 or you can even use the latest one in patch 3).

If things work out alright then obviously moebius's temple.dll has some conflict with the new setup.

If things still aren't Ok, reinstall everything with all official patches but with no mod packs. I doubt if this is the problem but if it is I'll try to look into it.

If you still experience problems, then it's clear that your system has some problem with the game. Not sure if DX9c or SP2 is still the culprit, it might be something as subtle as a driver upgrade or change of mouse settings. But ToEE is known to be pretty buggy with regards to change of settings and such which is why I try to keep mine to a minimum.

I would still like to know whether 00059blacksmith.dlg has the additional lines and is placed in the right directory. Kindly confirm with me whether you have resolved that issue or not. Thanks.

Our Host!