One off glitches/bugs and other strangeness (annoying)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Aug 10, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

I'm interested in any stories about annoying weirdness in the game. These are odd bugs and curious glitches that actually caused a problem, I've created another tread for ones that were either funny or useful.

Here goes:

I had a strange spell permanency issue where after fighting Zugtmoy my party were left with the visual effects of various buff spells after resting. This happens and tho aesthetically irritating I though nothing of it until that is I discovered that they were completely immune to magic including their own.
    Just to add to the weirdness when I went to Jaroo for the cure all the characters appeared after resurrection with all the buffs that they'd had, whose visual effects had lingered, restored furthermore when I attempted to remove Spell Permanency from Zaxis Jaroo killed him but failed to raise him from the dead! Fortunately I had a cleric who could although even with Restoration he still had lost some experience.

Another irritation is that after the ambush following the betrayal of a certain Monastic Brotherhood I often find that some of the chests
    containing my clothes etc
    are stuck in trees or otherwise inaccessible.

Our Host!