On Stores..

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Raaagh, Jan 4, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

I remember someone asking about how to change the store items and I found the following:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103&highlight=stores

This seems to pretty much cover it. Plus, it solves the problem why changes to the stores don't work!

Burne and some others are still a problem because of their refresh rate. From testing, I don't think Burne -ever- refreshes. I rested 30 days, went to other places and looted monsters and came back, etc.

There's also a bug with Burne as well. If you recruit him into your party, and let him go, his store will have his inventory!

2. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Yep, it works for store inventories. Tried with putting the Pouch of Bullets into Brother Smyth's store and the inventory does indeed refresh after spending a day or two elsewhere.

However, NPC inventories still don't seem to be alterable. Tried the changes on putting comments on all lines above the actual code but after you kill an NPC (such as Scorpp, his inventory still appears to be the same).

Bob the Elf suggested that InvenSource.mes is probably some backup used when inventories refresh/reseed. Since NPC inventories do not refresh, it appears that we can't alter them through InvenSource.mes

It is a highly important topic though (controlling all inventories gives us many modding options).
    Any other interesting findings regarding this?

4. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

I tried adding a scroll of fireball to the goblin carrying Black Jay's ring, but it failed to spawn the item.

Later today I'm going to try and spawn a monster manually and see if it updates the inventory.

5. Kharmakazy

Kharmakazy Member

Spawn a monster manually? How do you plan to do that? Has that been mastered while I was gone... if so do tell.

Our Host!