Oldie now a newbie

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Steyr, May 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Steyr

Steyr Member

I haven't played ToEE in years, but reinstalled it today to play KotB.
    I don't know if I simply cannot remember how to navigate around the maps or if there's an exit I'm missing, but how the hell do I go anywhere?

I went into the keep, checked the noticeboard and accepted the quest to investigate the adventurers in the swamp. But how do I get to the swamp? I exited the keep but the only exit I can find outside takes me to the cemetary. I can't view a world map and travel that way as it always says "The world map is inaccessible".

I'm obviously missing something glaringly obvious and I feel like a complete noob.

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Open the world map on the "streets" of the keep, that it's, inside the keep, but outside of any building.

Also, be aware that some of the noticeboard quests aren't available at the demo...

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes u r. :p

The Worldmap is accessable from the Outer Bailey (the big map you spend most of your time wandering around in). This was done to make the most of ToEE's '3 exits to Hommlet' situation - now you can turn up at 3 different places in the Outer Bailey. And you leave from there, too. Don't forget to equip your weapons just before you go, for random encounters ;)

Ninjad :ninja::bored:

Our Host!