Okay here it is, the new spell zip

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by darmagon, Nov 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

My computer is down it seems for good and I am using a friends right now so I don't have the whole spell available. Otto's Dance calls for the target to be unable to attack and to draw attacks of opportunity each round on its turn as well as an AC penalty, a reflex save penalty and the inability to use a shield effectively. The last three are easy enough, just create a spell object with those minuses, and destroy the shield (to be brought back at end of spell). To get the AoO's each round do:
    Code:
    spell.target_list[0].condition_add_with_args('prone',0,0)
    in on_spell_effect and in on_begin_round

To get the no attack effect do:
    Code:
    spell.target_list[0].npc_flag_set(ONF_NO_ATTACK)
    (this is from memory so it may be a little off, but what is there is pretty close)

I know this probably won't help you much but until I get access to my hard drive again there is not much else I can do. Myabe with theses hints someone else can cobble together a spell.

Oh and one more thing, to get rid of the effects at the end of the spell you would have to keep a counter variable and update it in on_begin_round. Use an ohterwise unused spell attribute, say spell.target_loc, set it to the spell duration +1 in on_spell_effect and decrement it in on_begin_round. When it reaches 1 in on_begin_round is when you reverse your effects. You have to do it this way with this spell because you do not have aceess to the spell target list in on_end_spell_cast.....

Maybe C-Blue or Allyx could have a stab at this if it is urgent. Otherwise it is probably going to be a couple of weeks (or more) before I can get a new computer (or get the old one fixed) and dig back into things.

Darmagon

2. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Well, I don't think it is that urgent ATM, the spell is needed for the pixie summoned bu 'Summon Nature's Ally IX', which also needs me to work out how to do forgetfulness arrows (I'm tampted to make them feeblemind arrows). If necessary, the creature reference could be removed from the spell for the time being.

Charles

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

What do you expect forgetfulness arrows to do? Make the critter forget it is in combat or has to kill the party? That can be done.

4. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Well, according to the Monster Manual, "The subject retains skills, languages, and class abilities but forgets everything else until he or she receives a heal spell or memory restoration with limited wish, wish, or miricle" - pretty nasty!

Charles

5. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

Bleh, make them a thrall ala Zugg :).

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Are you suggesting a character or monster should be under the effect of a spell of confusion until a heal spell is cast on them? If agreed, that might be something of which can be implemented.

Our Host!