Ok, who's done it...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Sep 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

...i don't kill the gnolls in the moathouse knowing what they're going to do...even kill Lareth makes me feel some guilt...and i HATED to kill the king rat, the poor creature...

No. I don't think i can slaughter nobody in Hommlet (or Nulb)

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I don't like killing things by accident, and I'm not one to see thing suffer, which is (I think) of the reasons I'm a good shot. I go hunting now and then, but then if I hit a duck in my car I feel quite upset about it (Some animals I'll just go KOS on tho, like rabbits or possums)

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Yeah, killing by accident is upseting...but killing on purpose is worst! :hahano: (unless you're hunting to eat)

4. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

I understand that farmers have to kill animals to protect there crops, which is there livelihood and I don't have a problem with.

Especially with Kangaroo's the amount of damage they do is quite extreme, they can be quite a pest.

I've seen a few people killed on the outback roads because of kangaroo's, they have a habit of jumping in front of or into cars.

In regards to the game I find it difficult to kill the good people in the game, like the times you are hired as assasins, but in regards to the Gnoll's etc, they are evil, and they would kill me, so I have no qualms about it. Thats war.

5. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I had no idea that kangaroos did that. That's like deer and sometimes even bears here.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

All mammals in NZ with the exception of bats are introduced, and alot of them cause problems for the native forest and bird populations, deer, pigs, rabbits and possums especially. NZ has five times more deer than north america (and is far smaller) which lead to the comercial farming of deer here, but they're still a pest with about half the population being feral ... and they taste good to.

And as for those god damn possums - ted you can take them all back to aussie (altho they're worth $5 a head atm).

btw kangroo's dont really exist, all the ones in zoo's are just animatronic - it's just a con for tourists. Its all a big conspiracy by the australian tourism board.

7. Sachmo

they do exist, they have large teeth and can bite your head off.

i still ride one to work. the big ones hold a whole family in their pouch. good way to save on fuel.

there no where near as dangerous as the drop bears though. you have to be careful for them.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

lies all lies, you must work for the australian tourism board.

now drop bears on the other hand, they're a dangrous creature. One of my friends who moved to Australia got attacked by one and now has a broken back in two places and a broken leg - he got off light.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Bears normally avoid humans, unless humans sneak up on a bear (a preoccupied bear - what goes through the mind of a bear?). Otherwise, generally, bears won't let people get within 300 feet of them, unless a bear is curious or hungry or it decides it needs to defend its territory, food or whatever else. There's not many reasons a bear will approach a person. This is especially true if they know the scent of humans and hunters with rifles.

Grizzley bears, kodiac bears, and polar bears are probably exceptions - people do not know much about them. Grizzley bears have even been known to eat people.

It is thought that in 1805 the Lewis and Clark expedition killed the first grizzly bear in North America.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

wow, I didn't know grizzly bears have only been in north america for just ovrt 200 years.

11. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

They emigrated from Siberia following the great moose famine of 1803.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Oh please. :roll: lol ..nice commentary

It was the first ever grizzley bear that history has in record as slain by people, not the first grizzley bear.

[EDIT]
    To my knowledge, it is not said whether or not that particular grizzley bear they killed was the first grizzley bear seen [and reported as seen] by people in the USA.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

so I gather all the ones killed by indians don't count then?

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Actually, none of those bears counted. But, they could definetly read...

15. Sachmo

some of the Australian drop bears could actually write too. Generally painfully bad poetry.
    They have been known to drop onto unsuspecting tourists, use there claws to latch onto their backs and force them to read aloud pages of there tedious poetry.

And if you don't applaud at the end. LOOK OUT.

Emu's are much more easy going, but they are slowly killing themselves with their nicotine addiction. Nothing worse than seeing a young emu begging for a smoke.

Our Host!