Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Btw, can't remember if I posted this elsewhere but I fixed the doors issue with sound burst and greatly improved the whole 'drop stuff / pick it back up' script but it is not perfect. But at least critters draw secondary weapons (daggers etc) given the chance, and they only grab up a weapon, not a shield too if they dropped it. So you get some sort of positive outcome. (The annoying thing is they do al that when 'stunned', not on their 'come to their senses' round. Can't seem to change that: stupid game!) Plus you can snatch up the weapons and shields yourself - grab Axer's +2 Falchion and hit him with his own sword! - and I will dare say introduce the 'train pets to snatch up nearby weapons' thing eventually. :)

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Dude, that would be totally sweet lol!

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Can you train them to snatch weapons BEFORE they are dropped? ;)

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Jeez, let's give Ted a brain anuerism, why don't we? :poke:

EDIT:: I take that back. He's a Dad, so there's a good chance he's had a few already.

5. GuardianAngel82

Hey! I'm a dad, too!:joy::joy: :twitch::joy::joy:

6. Shiningted

Thus proving the argument :p

In a word - kinda. The basic script could most definitely be used as the basis of a 'Disarm' move, but we would have no way of introducing into the combat options in the radial menu: it would have to be done via a 'disarming wand' or some similarly corny thing.

Ditto for 'sunder'. Pity.

7. xraygord

xraygord Member

Hey guys,

I have been trying out the demo, using different PCs and such.

I started out a game using the mercenaries for the first time. I took on three. Two of them left fairly quickly, but the guy with the spear stayed on for quite awhile. Anyway, I pick up a couple of the NPCs, Korrac and Milo. After adventuring awhile longer I lost my last merc. (he left). So I head back to the Tavern to grab Two Swords. She says she will join up, but instead of her joining up, the merc with the spear is back in my group. I have tested this a few times now and the same thing happens. I have not moved on past this point yet.

EDIT: The problem is that Two Swords says she will join my party, but she doesn't. The mercanary was there from an earlier save point I was testing out.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  8. GuardianAngel82

Get her drunk first! ;)

9. Emirkol the Chaotic

Wait, getting a woman warrior named Two Swords, drunk? So she can join up?? :blink:

I know, with you being a Guardian Angel and all, you may like to live life a little dangerously, but maybe a re-review of your WIS scores from "Post Your Stats" would be in order?

10. GuardianAngel82

With women, I have ALWAYS been unwise, and rarely learn from my mistakes. I even know ahead of time that it's unwise. It seems to be worth it. Just a little painful now and then...:dead:

11. Emirkol the Chaotic

I can sympathize. It seems we all do this on occassion. Maybe it's hardwired into us guys.
    :shrug:

12. Shiningted

I don't think there is any serious doubt about that: look at male spiders... :blink:

As for the Two Swords issue: I will look into it. Thanks.

13. GuardianAngel82

In a video of male and female Preying Mantises copulating, the female turns around and tears the male's head off, resulting in no appreciable change in the male's behavior. 'Nuff said! :thumbsup:

14. xraygord

xraygord Member

I did get her drunk first, like i said she clearly states she will join up with the party but she doesn't Her pic doesnt show up on screen and she doesnt move with the party.

The party I am using was able to recruit her in an earlier game.

15. Shiningted

Hmmm... ok, just having a quick look at the files, it would appear Two Swords doesn't distinguish whether your party is full or not and just tries to join up anyway. Heh, that used to cause crashes when Fruella did it, I guess Two Swords is more stable... anyway, is your party full, by any chance? That would explain why she can't.

Our Host!