Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackbow

blackbow Member

Well I can broaden that definition... I tried entering the first house on the southern wall instead of the inn; same CTD. I'll see what happens if I save the game first.

2. blackbow

blackbow Member

hunh, interesting. tried to save game, same CTD.

3. blackbow

blackbow Member

Well, I managed to get a bug report out of the CTD. It's a wordpad doc, so email me at my email address and i'll email it back.

regards

DR

4. blackbow

blackbow Member

well, i've narrowed it down to CTD no matter what you do as far as saving the game.

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Delete the crashing save, keep going back to previous saves until you get on that does not crash.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks Blackbow.

It has nothing to do with which map you go to: basically, if you go to any map in the Keep it'll CTD, once the bug bites. But I'll take you up on that offer, thanks.

7. Shiningted

Well it took me several hours of play but I finally got a CTD and its replicable: it involves going to the Spider Forest (for the first time in the game). Even if I leave immediately, I CTD on return to the Keep (and entering a building). If I don't go to the Spider Forest, I have played on doing stuff in the Thorp and elsewhere with no crash.

Is there anyone who experienced CTDs without going to the Spider Forest? I know I've had several in months gone by when returning with Flay's silk.

EDIT: I've confirmed several of the bugs reported here too :)

8. blackbow

blackbow Member

well that's interesting. I didn't go to the forest when I got the quest from Flay, but I did get the quest from Flay. I didn't see the option to go to the spider forest on the map though.

9. blackbow

blackbow Member

Wait wait wait - I have demo v 1.0.0 . I just saw the most recent release version a week ago - I guess I should d/l and run that before I go reporting bugs huh?

my bad

10. Shiningted

Yes you should ;)

Just re-reading your first bug report - you got it after only going to the Lizard Lair? While I have re-done all the maps (or at least reworked them, not redone them from scratch) thats interesting you got it there.

Still working on it folks.

11. Kayak

Kayak Member

I got it after just killing a few hours time in the Keep and then entering the Bulk Dealer's shop.

12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've had saves where I could go to the hermit woods, then the keep and ctd entering a bldg. Or go to the keep enter a bldg, then ctd at the hermit woods.

That kind of pattern does recur. As if one kind of map change now precludes another kind of map change. The third, rarer kind of map change where ctd's occur seems to be random encounter off world map.

Or maybe its counting map changes. Cummulative corruption.

13. Kayak

Kayak Member

I'm getting an interesting one now. Went to Spider Forest (saved there) then to Keep no ctd there, then to Lizardman Swamp and get ctd. I have not had that crash outside the keep before.

14. Shiningted

Yeah, you can see the problem: "game will CTD on any given map under any given circumstance in spite of what you are doing / who's in the party / what you've completed". Makes it a bit hard to track down, but I'll keep at it :)

15. Kayak

Kayak Member

Just FYI, I started a new game and stopped clearing game cache on start and have had only one CTD since (after many hours of play I may add). The first two starts (with cache clear each start) crashed so often an so unpredictably they became almost unplayable. I do note a bit more map hangup however.

Annecdotal I know, but maybe a help.

Our Host!