Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

First of all, hello to everyone again. :)
    I didn't see this in the bug report so I thought I'd just mention it. In the beginning of the game, when I play the "Ironman" mode, the gate guard (Sabina) won't open the gate, even though I have placed all weapons in the inventory and none are active. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    PS. Not all positions in the team are taken, there is one free character slot.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Psst, dude! You should be playing the 'Milestone 2' version I just released in the Dev forum ;)

3. ioannis76

Ah, thank you :yes: I'll check it out ASAP. ;)
    On the other hand, just to let ppl know, the problem was fixed. I restarted the game with the same party, but I did 2 things differently.
    1. I didn't buy any items from the caravan people
    2. I sent only one character to speak to Sabine, the others were waiting at the point they appeared first (some way off the castle gate). I am not sure what fixed it, but things worked fine after that.

4. Shiningted

I'll check it out anyway. :)

5. ioannis76

Problem seemed to arise by my talking to Sabine first (I guess ladies first does not apply in that case). Persistent CTD on Ironman games, though, makes the game quite unplayable. At a certain point in the game, the game will just ctd, and when the player attempts to load the game from the point of the ctd, it will work for a few seconds, and then there will be another ctd, this time permenent. In fact, even the screenshot of the game in the load sector will not be visible (it will be blank). :(

6. Shiningted

Well, I can't even begin to comment on that, since I don't know how Ironman saves its games :( By and large, we don't recommend it though.

In any case, I will be doing a re-issue of Milestone 2 soon enough, since there is a problem in the Kobold Cave.

7. ioannis76

Thank you Ted. Ironman also has a different set of characters, ie if you create characters for Ironman you can't use them in a normal game. It seemed like a much more challenging type of game but I guess it will have to wait...

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Did the ctd in the Keep after saving in the wilderness issue get addressed?

9. Shiningted

Yeah, I believe it has. I introduced a fix a couple of internal releases back, and no-one has reported it since (nor have I had it in my endless testng).

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hey Ted and gang,

I keep getting a ctd when I try to save, or when I click on the hidden door at the beginning caravan.

I can purchase equipment and set up my party's formation and all, but when I try to leave the caravan I ctd.

I'm running Vista 32bit in xp2 mode via the properties tab, (compatibility).

Have things changed, should I be running it as Vista, but with admin checked?

Thanks

11. Shiningted

You should definitely do the 'run as admin' thing, yup.

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Heh heh ... thanks Ted for answering my multiple choice question with a yep. :confused:

So, run as admin in Vista right?

I seem to be having less frequent ctd's (actually got past the lizards giving me the dragon quest before ctd) running in Vista as admin not checking the "run this program in compatibility mode for xp2"

:poke:Ted <--------------me poking fun at The Shiney One

13. Shiningted

So you're getting off the Caravn map ok then? Good :)

14. florian1

florian1 Established Member

The Basilisk in the wizard's tower never does anything. It just passes every time its turn comes up. Ive injured it and then waited a few turns, and still nothing.

15. Shiningted

Eh? There's not meant to be a basilisk in there, or anywhere else in KotB (yet) :scratchhe

Our Host!