Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Darthcast

Darthcast Savant Trooper

I found a small bug/exploit: I sold 2 wolf pelts to Kenneally (for 20 GP each) via the dialog option. Then I opened his shop window and the wolf pelts were for sale for 7 GP. It is possible to sell them via the dialog option and then buy them back in the shop window indefinitely.

Edit: The cloak of elvenkind I looted from the tracker doesn't seem to give a +hide bonus (wasn't that cloak green in ToEE btw?).

Edit 2: The lizardmen and lizards in the swamp that are guarding the lizardmen hq are too weak (imo).
    I couldn't find the way up so I killed them with ranged weapons and magic missiles. The shaman couldn't do anything before I killed him, the spear throwers are just to weak (miss most of the time) and the lizards and lizardmen warriors (=melee fighters) just stood there because they didn't have range weapons.

Oh, and a great THANK YOU that it is possible to cooperate with the lizardmen. Those are among my favorite dnd races (together with goblins and kobolds)... I'm currently doing their quest. Only letdown was that they're so unfriendly... :( But I'm happy nonetheless, great module, can't say I'm having less fun then with ToEE. :dribble:

Edit 3: When I first entered the dragon area and walked around a bit, the dragon appeared along with several lizards. Then I loaded a savegame and entered the area again, and only the dragon appeared, no lizards. I killed the dragon and moved around a bit, and a few lizards appeared, but didn't do anything (the lizards couldn't move for some reason, message "target too far away" appeared above the lizards). Therefore, combat froze, but after several reloads I managed to grab the loot and end combat to escape to the world map. I went to the lizardmen to complete the quest, then I went to the evil lord to get the diamonds, asked for another quest, went to the church of hextor to get yet another quest and left to the keep. Identified some items at the smith's, tried to save, CTD.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Those CTDs are hopefuly fixed (I think I know what is causing them). The lizardmen are unfriendly because in the module they are described as 'particularly evil' or something - frankly, I expected people to complain you could deal with them at all :)

I'll check the rest. The cloak of elvenkind was changed to black because people preferred it that way :shrug:

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Maybe they're unfriendly because they have to talk to food. ;)

4. Darthcast

Darthcast Savant Trooper

Um, I also prefer it that way... I was just wondering.

More minor bugs:

"Small black cloak" (bought from the trader near the message board) looks like a magic wand when dropped on floor

Guard told me that it's forbidden to have weapons equipped. I had no weapons equipped though. It was right in front of the inn and the guard was patrolling. (I had an animal companion though, but I didn't tell him to pick anything up). I tried to trigger this again by walking near several guards, nothing happened.

When I tell my animal companion to hold ground and attack enemies that come near, he doesn't do anything at all. Well, actually it's useful when I don't want it to do anything (most of the time :D), but I guess it still is a bug...

I know the most thing I report are minor issues and might not even need fixing, but I'd still like to report... You don't have to reply or anything if it's not important, just ignore it...

5. Shiningted

Au contraire, its those little things that make the game :) Also, the 'unequip' thing and the 'handle animal' thing were added to add flavour and improvement, so I certainly want to get them right.

6. Slaanax

Slaanax Member

I got an error when trying to activate the KOTB on the front end that says that Verbobonc Viscounts residence second-night|0021001D.jp is corrupt and unreadable first time I sintalled it.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You've got your modules mixed up. Did you have Co8 5.6.0 activated before?

8. Slaanax

Slaanax Member

Ya I did. Oops

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Just try activating a different module (Co8 or vanilla or whatever) and then reactivate KotB again. It's important that you let the activation process finish. Don't do anything until you see the popup box telling you it's done.

10. Slaanax

Slaanax Member

I let it sit for like 4 hours and nothing happened so sigh.

11. Shiningted

Well, we'll need a few more details. For instance, are you using Vista? If so, try running it as Administrator. If not (if you are using XP etc), be aware that the Front End needs .NET version 2 or later.

12. Slaanax

Slaanax Member

I had to run chkdsk through Safe Mode to delete the files. I am using XP with .net version 2.

13. Shiningted

Ummm, what files were you deleting? A clean install and then allowing plenty of time to activate (not quite 4 hours, but longer than it takes to make coffee) sounds like a plan.

14. Slaanax

Slaanax Member

I tried to install KOTB while i had 5.6.0 while was active on the TOEE front end-x. I didn't have it running at the time but it was the active module on the list. Then when I tried to switch KOTB 1.1 Final Demo I got a message that said that Verbobonc Viscounts residence second-night|0021001D.jp was corrupt so I had to run Chkdsk from safe mode for the files to be deleted. It wouldn't switch modules and I couldn't start the game. So I reinstalled all the programs and it works after running Chkdsk.

15. Shiningted

Great! :clap: Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know.

Our Host!