Official KotB Demo Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Feb 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. tkobo

tkobo Member

Using fully updated XP.

If you want a dxdiag,or the saves, let me know and ill send them out.

3.4 intel cpu
    3gig ram
    512mb ati 1600
    onboard sound

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nah, XP should be fine.

Ok, I will go try and hunt down these damn CTDs.

EDIT: Actually, sending me the saves would be great. Please email your modules\KotB\save and modules\KotB\players folders to

admin@keepontheborderlands.org

3. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

I can confirm this issue with the lizardman trying to use a ranged weapon routine while engaged by at least one melee combat character.

Someone also mentioned that the dragon's chest couldn't be opened. Indeed, I managed to kill the dragon with a 2nd level party, and pick the lock, but couldn't open the unlocked chest... No matter which PC tried, it just didn't open.

On a positive note, I must say that it's really a pleasure to play nature-oriented characters so far: they make a lot more sense in KoTB than they did in ToEE. I managed to train the animal companion to attack unatural enemies, but summoned ones still fail to do so...

I also recall something about the risk of druids 'falling'. So far my neutral party with a druid butchered its way through the harpy forest and nothing happened to the druid. Also, I think animal empathy is working, as animals often appear neutral at start and don't KOS...

4. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

I haven't.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Not a single ctd here.

One last note on the Lizardman Hunting Grounds, the chest in question does not high-lite when pessing the tab key, don't know if this helps. :)

Does the merchant trapped under the harpies map always give the "Hey is anyone there?" pop up? I've canvased the map and didn't get it this time.

6. tkobo

tkobo Member

Okay, more info on the recent crashes.

Situation:
    Nightime
    In pub
    Have recruited-dwarf from pub,female redhead from pub, and monk from church.Party has all 5 player members.
    By the way, the monk is extremely cool in combat :)

Now if i step outside and try to save it ctd.
    If i step outside and try to travel via worldmap,it ctd
    If i step outside and pass time til morning,i can save (sometimes),BUT if i try to travel via world map i crash on random encounter load ( 3 for 3).Map comes up shows, all chars,than ctd.

Save and player folder zipped and emailed.In emial i said last1, and last 2.Thats incorrect.
    Last, last 2 and last3 will ctd .

Last1 save loads correctly.

Currently removing the npcs to see if they are the issue, as i was able to travel to the swamp and clear the outside area before i recruited the dwarf and redhead.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for those saves, I will get onto them asap.

The dragon's chest only contains coins, btw, so you guys aren't missing anything important :) But I'll fix it.

The Druids / Clerics falling thing (and more subtle ways of playing paladins) are written into the dialogue files but not implemented yet. Something for the final game.

The merchant isn't under the harpies map ;) And yes, it should always work, though getting right on top of the area is what stops it (so he doesn't keep calling after being rescued / dealt with). But the intervals at which he calls out are random, so if you get a bad random thing where-in he never calls out, you could walk right up and 'end' the routine without ever hearing him. But you can still go in and rescue him, if you take my meaning.

In the final version, his cries will be voiced, obviously :)

8. tkobo

tkobo Member

No luck, gonna try and do a clean install.

I cant even remove the monk from the party as i get no dialogue options with him.He just nods at me whne i try and talk to him .

9. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Hum, it's the quicksave/autosave a problem still?

And those who get ctds with saving are you using them?

Have you installed the patch?

Seriously, the game runs perfect for me...no crashes, just a bit of lag in populated areas (specifically the sewer and swamp), but just when i enter, after some seconds (probably a minute), everything goes smooth.
    I could hel normally my charcters in small rooms, for example, next to angela, and having seven party members, the cleric just runs and heals, or heals the characters from where it's standing...

I had the slowdown map, but the second time i went out, it was fine.

I've also fiddled with some files (protos and dlgs, to fix some minor details), and still no problems...

As Cujo said:

"you've got something strange in your install, HK"

Fortunately! :)

10. Black John

Black John Member

Ok I'm a dunce, my ranger can't find the secret door to get started. Yes I have played TOEE. I'm embarassed, but I still want to play!:confused:

11. Half Knight

First of all:

READ THE PLAYER HANDBOOK (the txt or word not the pnp book :gotmyatte )

...now, open the radial menu, and use search, but don't use the normal search, look in the inventory portion of the radial menu (remember that the new search it's thru a item ;) )
    The merchant explains that :eyebrow:

12. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

The armourer addresses this (says that if you don't have anyone who can make that, maybe the game isn't for you). Just start a new party containing at least one character who can make the Search check. All you need is for your Search ranks and your Intelligence modifier to add up to at least 3.

Of the bugs reported above, I've only experienced the one with enemy combat tactics (archers not switching to melee weapons when face to face with my greatsword fighter). Overall I'm having a good time - besides the elements others have praised, let me say I appreciate seeing a mod by people who know how to write, having suffered through a few by people who didn't speak English well. The dialogue and descriptions rock the house.

I'm wondering about a note I found after getting ambushed in the northern forest. Nothing happens when I try to read it. Does that just mean my characters don't know the right language, or is it a bug? (If the former, descriptive text saying so would be very helpful, if it's doable). If it's just one of those where I haven't looked hard enough for the right NPC yet, fine, but I thought I'd report the unexpected behaviour just in case.

13. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

I too have had no crashes.

The only bug I've had so far was leaving the cave where the trapped merchant is. I was heading towards the door where the spider is meant to drop down on you. he didn't drop though and the game kept skipping between starting combat mode and normal travel mode. You couldn't move or anything as the characters kept flexing for combat then relaxing. I managed to get out of it by clicking rest whilst it was out of combat mode, then resting which caused an encounter and then I managed to knock the spider down from his perch.

Otherwise everything is running great. Love that battle with the lizardmen with some of them starting up on the cliff. Great Work.:thumbsup:

14. Half Knight

Ok, first crash.

When i quit the game, everything closes, and then a window appears "found an error had to close, dude"...
    Not much of a problem, since if i launch the game again, there are no problems, but if i quit agin, crash.
    I quited in the market: crash
    I quited in the Inn: crash
    I quited on tavern's door: crash

Then i noted something: the sound of the shoemaker also crashes, looping as noise....
    So i thought it was the animation maybe (all that people there, on the market), and moved to the tavern and quited...crash.
    And then recall the cat...so i moved out of any animation, and quited with no problems.

This it's something silly, but it may give some clue about the save CTDs...try to save in a space clear of animations (no people or animals) and see what happens.

And when saving try to save with the leader selected, or all the party, not a NPC or other character...that seemed to work some times, when i had an ocassional ctd on ToEE.

15. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

in the spider southern pine forest on the far west side of the map i encountered a fiendish wild boar...during the encounter he SNEAK ATTAcked me!!!!!how can this be did you include this or iz it a bug?

Our Host!