Official KotB Demo Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Feb 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Err...wasn't that the idea, Ted?

About energy weapons and all that?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The idea was a weapon that was so sharp it could slice through damage resistance, yah - but a tiny little scalpel blade slicing away at skeletons is the one exception that, imho, doesn't work. Stabbing or slashing at a skeleton with a scalpel, even Pelor's Own Scalpel of Holy Smitings, is going to do it very little damage due to the sheer mechanics of cleanly hitting the bones.

I think we have to wear it though. :shrug:

3. Pete

Pete Member

I have encountered 3 bugs that I didn't already see reported.

1)After going to get the archers to come with me to help with the mad wizard, I talked to the guy again and he sent 3 more archers, then I did it a 3rd time and had 9 archers following me around with no way to get rid of them.

2)When talking to igor at the wizard's tower, my inventory was full so I never got a list of what he wanted me to find. The only way I got in the wizard's room was to use knock on the door.

3) My rogue snuck past all the harpies at the druid shrine to the very back of the shrine. When the harpy went to attack, it didn't appear that she was allowed to go into those squares so she didn't attack.

4. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ted
    I hate to ruin your weekend, but I think I have a few more bugs for you.

1.) I'm currently running a sociopathic CE party. Needless to say, we "disarmed" Billy by killing him. After returning the bailiffs "stick" (nice dialogue lines for the bailiff when people don't return it by the way), my log STILL shows the quest as "Accepted" instead of either "Botched" or "Completed"

2.) As mentioned in the "Method to arm before leaving the Keep" thread, my party has killed enough guards, so that they can wander aroung the Keep without being bothered by anyone for carrying sharp, edged waepons in their hands. At any rate, during the party's travels, it encountered a group of various undead, which the CE Cleric quickly took command of. Upon returning to the Keep (via the marketplace), the party proceeded to go into every room, and talked to everyone, and NOBODY seemed concerned that the party included 9 Skeltons of various types !! Flay just gave his usual talk about needing a supply of Spider Silk ( I hadn't visited the Spider Forest yet ), and 2 Swords, Korrac, and the Gnome all were complaining about hangover headaches. I even took my party into the Temple of Heironious, and nobody responded to the presence of the undead until I attacked the Curate. No offense, but something needs to be done about this. As has been noted before, you can enter (or for that matter leave) the Keep any time you want, which is contrary to the "Be home by dark" warning that you get from the Corporal. I don't know if this is possible, but I would have the game scripted so that all "Arrivals" and "Departures" were routed through the Main Gate (after all the purpose of the gate is to keep the "riffraff" out)

3.) While fighting in the Guildhouse, halfway through the battle, the guard stopped to ask his usual "What are you doing here?" dialogue (unfortunately "Killing everyone in the Keep" wasn't one of my dialogue choices). He actually repeated this 3 or 4 times before he was killed. By the way, even though I had the "Enemy of the Keep" reputation, once I had cleared it out, the "guard barracks" on the second floor showed the Green Tent (Safe Rest Area) icon after the battle.

The Royal Canadian

5. Shiningted

Thanks for the feedback guys: the patch is coming along, I swear it, I promise it, its getting there.

@ Pete: Sorry I missed your post -

1) Yep, thats a bug.

2) User Error. I have scripted moments when you are getting multiple things that the NPC asks 'are you sure you can fit everything?' but if you keep your face-man with a full inventory, you get the consequences.

3) If she doesn't fit in, she doesn't go in there :shrug: A problem of larger creatures. Something to keep in mind if you are ever chased by a rhino.

@ TRC:

1) Pretty sure that is already fixed for the next patch but I'll check. I really hate that Elf.

2) Something for the full version.

3) Bugs: I'll fix it.

Thanks again guys! :wave: For some good news, Far Shot will be in the next patch :dance:

6. Badger-ude

Badger-ude The nonPnP gamer PoV

I'm experiencing mega slow down in the southern pine woods (where you go to hunt spiders)... When I try to travel slightly north of the brown bear area, to the south west of the wolf area, teh game freezes up majorly....until I manage to scroll out of that area and then map-travel away..... Any thoughts?

7. Shiningted

Try clearing the map cache: that sounds like a sectoring problem, but no-one else has mentioned it so I am not sure why it is happening.

8. Badger-ude

I tried startying the game and clearing the cache but nothing changed.... Am I correct in saying tha tis the area where you hear the guy crying for help, and use a rope to get down to him? I remember playing the game a while back, encountering him, and then a bug with the carrion crawler froze my game.... Am I in the right area? Could my old, broken save game, have caused this problem?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  9. Shiningted

I'm not sure - I would have thought that bit is further north of what you describe. If you have saved-game issues start a new game by all means. The other thing it might be is a badly installed patch, but again, I don't remember the patches involving that particular bit.

10. Badger-ude

Oh it is a different game.... I've explored teh entire map and haven't found that encounter, which is annoying me.... Also, I've just hit another problem: I killed the dragon in the lizardman refuge, and after it died I was made an ally of Hextor... Not sure ift hat is intended, didn't make much sesne to me... However, the issue I speak of is following that, I cannot enter the inn (where I had perma-rented the room) without a CTD.... Could this be to do with the loot? Or maybe, could this be due to my new hextorite status, while having a follower of heirnorous in my group?

Oh, and I get a CTD in other buildings

This CTD happened twice btw... and i'm running patch 1.03

Oh, and sorry for yet another edit, but to my knowledge, the dragon corpse is meant to remain? Mine dissapeared straight after death (no resting)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  11. Shiningted

The CTDs are an ongoing problem that will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

12. Badger-ude

Could it be that as I am now considered a hextorite, the people in the keep want to attack me, but the mission scripting does not allow this and so the game crashes due to the conflicting scripts?

13. Shiningted

Nope. Reputations don't work like that. In fact its very difficult to crash the game just from a script, although i have managed it on occasion.

14. aalaardb

aalaardb Member

2 bugs with the hermit in northern oaks woods:

I color sprayed 2 brigands, and killed the other 2, combat ended, and before I could start combat myself a brigand woke up and initiated combat. However, now the hermit was fighting against me!

Second, once the brigands are spawned I can't load a save, neither quick nor regular, and neither during combat or after, with them all defeated.

15. Shiningted

Dunno what to say about the second one - did you save after combat started? Thats a notorious way to bug your saves.

First one is a bug - thanks :thumbsup:

Our Host!