Official KotB Demo Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Feb 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

I never did get this resolved, despite the attention of several regulars on the original thread:

>> I can't run TOEE after installing the Atari 2nd patch (and absolutely nothing else) because a get a C++ Runtime Library Error.

I'm running XP, no TOEEFE, doesn't make any difference if I install patch 1.

So I've still never played this wonderful mod everyone is raving about.

:(

P.S. Wah!!
    resolved: NoCD Patch

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

What you've never played ToEE with patch2?

What version do you have? Original discs? Direct to drive? Did you try installing patch 1first?

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ha ha, no I wasn't using an npc. I did try it with each party member though. I was able to pick up a certain toy, (not sure if I should give name) and looting enemies worked smoothly, including random ones from resting there.

Also, as I said about the other issue (post # 2); I traversed the entire map with my new party and experienced no slow downs or glitches, and rescued the person needing rescuing.

btw...I think I've become addicted to the concentrated search. heh heh

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well judging by your feedback, Sirchet, you've found both uses of it ;)

I couldn't replicate those problems in the swamp, btw - my young black certainly has elbows, and I can pick everything up. I'll test again to make sure.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Shiningted, does your young black start off on the bottom with his back to you, and not move from that spot?

I'm going to run through that again, with my anti-virus off. I'm yet to have any problems with it, (McAffee) but we don't know until it's tried. ;)

6. Shiningted

Here there be spoilers.

yeah he is meant to start hiding under the water but burst out when you get within range. I've never heard of him failing to come out, but if he does, just poking him should do it :)

7. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Just started running a game.

Since there was so much interesting stuff done with the druids and rangers, I thought I'd play a neutral party, and have a druid. Took improved conjuration, in hopes of using the spontaneous summon nature ally's spells...

Got the quest from the druid, to clean out the harpies, and when attacked by the kobold, halfling and lizardman skeletons, my druid conjured a wolf. It refused to attack the undead, as if it were an animal companion, rather than a summoned animal. Is this supposed to be like this?

8. Shiningted

Oooooooooooo thats interesting... I don't know. Can we get a rules lawyer on this? I never even thought of that :blush: A summoned animal is just an animal yanked out of its existance elsewhere to come help (according to the SRD) so I am going to say yes, thats the way its meant to be? Any rules lawyers wanna weigh in?

O and good to see you back matmaisan :) And nice to hear that bit works - I never tested it ;)

9. Allyx

Looks pretty clear cut to me Ted, Summoned craetures are well trained for combat it seems.

10. Shiningted

Ok... well then I will try to fix this. I am not sure how to distinguish between a creature summoned for combat and a creature summoned as a pet, but I'll think of something ;)

11. Allyx

Well I for one hope you fix it soon, my KotB party has a bard with augment summoning - even though she lack the ability to cast the summoning spell itself, as she is still only level 1.

12. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Well, yeah, I figured that in principle summoned animals didn't have to undergo training in order to attack unnatural enemies... if it is more or less just the druidic version of the summon monster spell, then summoned animals aren't supposed to have these difficulties.

But as a bug, this might be a pretty difficult one, as I'd guess that animal companions are considered just specially tough (and long-lasting) summoned creatures... distinguishing might indeed be a problem.

And thanks for the welcome. I've missed the game, and I must say that KoTB is looking AWESOME so far... It will certainly surpass ToEE in attention to detail and faithfulness to the game. Kudos to all of you who put so much into this!

13. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

BTW, are there any specific procedures we should keep in mind before installing the Cumulative fixes? Should I just unRar it into the ToEE root folder?

14. MoonReaver

MoonReaver Member

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just missing something.

-----------------spoiler warning-----------------------

I'm in the Northern Oak Woods trying to get the hermit to go see the archdruid in the grove. My bard offers a song instead of food and the hermit seems happy with it but refuses to follow or join the party.

FIXED

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  15. Shiningted

Ahhhh... yeah, when I update that patch I will write install instructions for it as well.

Essentially, it will create a new data.kotB and modules folders, writing over whatever is there. If you are playing the game and have the data.KotB folder as default (so it is just data, not data.KotB), then you will need to either:

a) Manually move the contents from data.KotB to data, then delete data.KotB before running the game

b) Uninstall to temp, then manually move things over

c) Run the Front End and leave something else as the default game (vanilla ToEE or Co8 5) so that the data folder reverts to data.KotB. Thats the best way; then you just throw the patch straight in.

EDIT: Moonreaver - yeah, that sounds like a bug.

2nd EDIT: Yeah, a typo in that line. For now, if you go back with dinner it should work.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
Our Host!