Odd Tolub fight

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wizgeorge, Jan 27, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I did the fight with Tolub with a half-orc with str21/cons 18 and she won. Tolub feel to the floor paralyzed/unconuscious but continued to say his brawl lines. Clicked on him and his inventory came up. Looted him and left. Haven't been back since.
    Went back and Tolub wants to fight again and after the first punch he says he wins and quest is botched. The half-orc was at the end of her non-lethal hp the first fight. Got nice loot but lost the quest.

2. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

I encountered the same thing. I'm thankful that I did though, the pirate sure keeps for himself a portion of his treasure. I got around this bug but I can hardly remember how. If I'm not mistaken I just rested and fought him again the other day. It was an easier fight, however, he could have had fought better with the "+3 AC".

3. stage

stage Member

It's old bug, from previous versions of c08.Happens to me as well (every 4-5game or so, but in 6NC happened the first time i did). It something to do with him not able to recover points, I am guessing it is maybe of tpo much dmg dealt to him, and for example the script restoring him only 10 points from the -10. But really no idea how those things work :D
    So I just reloaded and the second time went fine.

Our Host!