Odd Paladin Character Creation Notes

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by The Royal Canadian, Apr 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

Just in case there's not enough work to be done :)

Instead of a Holy Symbol (which the Paladin should not need) give the Paladin a Pure Heart (should be needed :) ) that has the same effect. As the Paladin's alignment sways from LG, switch out the Pure Heart with...less pure Hearts. At Black (or gray), the Paladin falls...

Anyway, just my 2 cp.

--thearioch

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

The holy symbol it's needed to cast detect evil. Not as a rule, but in ToEE.

And a paladin falls or not, it's not pregressive, once you broken your oath or behave in a wrong way, you're fallen.

3. thearioch

Another amusing idea thrown to the curb by cold hard facts :)

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Sure it is...in fact it would be cool implement something like that for all charcters, so they can change their alignment based on their actions. ;)

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Actually, thats been the plan all along, from the very beginning: and paladin's will have an element of slow descent into falling, as well as flat out instant-fall moments, and also moments of redemption that can turn improve things - a Karma score, as it were. Or venial sins, if you prefer the concept. Ditto clerics and druids.

6. thearioch

I always wanted a story where the characters slowly descended into evil...following one "logical" choice after another until they realized that they were the bad guys. I'd call this The Temple of Incremental Evil :)

--thearioch

Our Host!