[Obsolete] Co8 Portrait & Voice Packs

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Cerulean the Blue, Jan 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Re: Co8 Portrait & Voice Packs

I'm having a minor but annoying problem with this mod. One of my characters (a fighter/barbarian who is always at the front of the party, in case any of that matters) is using the Royo08 image, and (except for the big portrait, obviously) I always see her picture in-game in black and white when it should be in colour and vice versa. In other words, if she is healthy and in fighting trim, her picture at the bottom of the screen is in greyscale, and when she is down (or when someone else's inventory is selected, etc) she is in colour. None of the other portraits I chose have this problem. The individual .tga files are labeled CORRECTLY in the profiles directory, so that isn't the problem. Anyone got any ideas what might be going on here?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well if u know what the files are named, would you mind having a look how they are arranged in portraits.mes? They should be

m
    s
    s_grey
    m_grey

like all the others.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Ted's got it correct, and it is not correct in the contol files. Looks like that one got past me. I would be suprised if it is the only one. Just rearange the names in the play file. Doing so shouldn't cause any problems, and should be compatible with all saved games.

4. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Thank you very much, I'll fix it right away and let you know in the unlikely event it's still messed up.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I've been playing around with this idea. So far I can't even get all the human male portraits to show up in one pack without having some non-human male portraits show up as well. At this point I don't think Kalshane's idea is going to be workable without adding garbage portrait.mes entries, and that is something I was trying to avoid. I'll keep tinkering with it though.

6. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

My internet cuts out every three hours and i can't download the portrait and voice pack because i have dial up. Any one no how to get rid of the three hour time limit.

7. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

You should use a download manager like FlashGet or GetRight, they allow you to resume broken downloads.

8. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

thanx man

9. maalri

maalri Immortal

Get right did it for me!

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You can also try leaving the Internet Explorer window open [the one you used to start the download] and reconnect your dial-up connection to the Internet (remember to leave the IE window open). Then, re-start the download. The download should resume.

If you close the Internet Explorer window and reconnect using dial-up to re-start the download, the download will start over from scratch.

11. Novah

Novah Member

I need a little help handling these portrait packs. I have read through the read me file a dozen times and as far as I know I am following the instructions correctly, but I still can't get the portrait packs to register when I start up Front End. After I download the packs into the TOEE folder, I start up the game, quit, and unzip them into that TOEE folder. Am I doing this correctly?

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

if you select "Unzip Here" on the portrait pack zip file while in the games root directory, it should install correctly.

The default root folder for ToEE is C:/Atari/Temple of elemental evil

If the portrait pack's zip is in another folder, cut and paste it into the correct folder before selecting "Unzip Here". opening and closing your selected module is to insure the last selected module's data folder is named "data" otherwise the portraits will end up in another module.

13. pippetta

pippetta Member

hi everybody, i've installed the portrait pack yesterday, teh images are wonderful but... i got a little problem:
    first i assume u have to start a new game and create new PCs this maight explane why any othr pc created previously have now no portrait.

when u have created the pc u need for the game u don't have to deactivate the module or your PC won't have a portrait no more.

ahh by the way ... u can have just an all male or all female party...

that sound all strange... what am i doing wrong?

pls help.

14. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

The "Readme" that should have installed with the portrait pack is quite thorough, and I recommend you check it out. You must load the game once with the first portrait pack you want to create a character, then exit after creation of that character or characters is done. Switch to the next pack you need for the next new character, then exit after creation. Continue until all characters have been finished, then switch to the "play file" portrait pack. When you begin the game, all previously created characters will have the portraits you gave them, even if created long ago. Note that you will NOT be able to create new characters while the "play file" is the loaded portrait set.

--Blair
    "Beauty? Eh... I've seen plenty of stuff come out of beholder eyes, but no beauty yet."

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  15. pippetta

pippetta Member

ok tks

is there any chance to modify a previously created PC? i noticed u can rename itbut u cannot modify his portrait....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!