Nulb npcs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hugh Manetee, Jan 8, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Note: I do not think you can do this with a LN, TN, or CN group. I am running a Lawful Nuetral group and Otis wont join me for a 2nd time. Therefore, I cannot get Y'dey or Hrudek. See Otis's dialogue options below:

{120}{How's the adventuring going, @pcname@?}{How's the adventuring going, @pcname@?}{}{120}{}{}
    {121}{I have discovered evil factions active within the Temple. I could really use some help!}{}{8}{((game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_GOOD)) and (game.story_state >= 5)}{820}{}
    {122}{The Temple is a tough place. I could use some help.}{}{8}{((game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_GOOD)) and (game.story_state == 4)}{140}{}
    {123}{I'm having a hard time of it. I could use your muscle again.}{}{8}{(game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL) or (game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_EVIL) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_EVIL)}{150}{}
    {124}{Me find bad guy clerics in Temple! Me need help!}{}{-7}{((game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_GOOD)) and (game.story_state >= 5)}{820}{}
    {125}{Not well. You help?}{}{-7}{((game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_GOOD)) and (game.story_state == 4)}{140}{}
    {126}{Not so good. Big man join up some more?}{}{-7}{(game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL) or (game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_EVIL) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_EVIL)}{150}{}
    {127}{It's difficult. Any chance of getting you to join up again?}{}{8}{(game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_NEUTRAL) or (game.party_alignment == TRUE_NEUTRAL) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL)}{830}{}
    {128}{Not good. You help some more?}{}{-7}{(game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_NEUTRAL) or (game.party_alignment == TRUE_NEUTRAL) or (game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL)}{830}{}
    {129}{K:}{}{1}{}{100}{}
    {130}{B:}{}{1}{find_container_near(npc,1205) != OBJ_HANDLE_NULL and Shopkeeper_Is(npc) == 1}{0}{}
    {131}{E:}{}{1}{}{0}{}

Either of which then links to:

{830}{I already helped you once. I don't think I can help you anymore.}{I already helped you once. I don't think I can help you anymore.}{}{830}{}{}
    {831}{E:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {832}{Fine. We'll get by without you then. Goodbye.}{}{8}{}{0}{}
    {833}{Okay. We go on without you.}{}{-7}{}{0}{}

I think your alignment needs to be good (LG, NG, CG) in order for him to help you a 2nd time, even if you know of the factions in the temple.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The FAQ has lots of information about these kinds of things. :)

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Reading a FAQ? Ridiculous.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ranth is too manly for FAQs. He'd rather read through all dialogue files :poke:

5. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

If you have Otis, Y'dey, and Hrudek, and ask Otis to leave, the ladies leave as well.

I dont want Otis since he is over powered, I'd prefer to have Elmo as melee, but I suppose I will take Otis.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ The use otis as a ranger instead ;)

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Thats what Hrudek is for. She is all archer b/c I allready have a rogue.

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Uhh... Then I guess Otis is still good for... uh... Poking sticks at him?

9. mooses

mooses Member

If someone already said this im sorry, i just posted this after reading cause theres confusion about my main man St. Cuthbert. Ok like, The difference between law and good is in the words themselves. Law is exactly what it is and good is not neutral or evil. Self explanitory right? now about the Saint. Saint Cuthbert is the combative deity of wisdom, law, and zeal. St. Cuthbert's alignment depends on the D&D storyline your going through. He is sometimes Lawful Neutral with lawful good tendancies and other times lawful good with lawful neutral tendancies. Now the reason for this is because he hates evil, where the lawful good part comes in, but is more worried about about law and order and God smacking anyone who breakes the law than to be lawful good. Once again it really depends on which game your playing. Other fun facts about Cuthbert is that he is a foe to all evil like Iuz or Venca, Pholtus is one of his rivals, and he is strongly allied with Rao. Also the copper starburst pendant Terjon's father gave him means that his father was in the Order of the Stars. This is one of the orders in Cuthberts religion. Most people in it are Lawful Neutral i think, and even though its a lawful group the leaders will use mind reading magic to make sure even the peoples thoughts are clean. Creepy right? :)

10. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Heh heh, i thought i'd searched the "search" data base and it would mention it. I just learned the hard way last night that Chaotic Nuetral parties don't get a 2nd shot at Otis.

Not a biggy.

I'll have to skim the faq again.

11. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

Actually, in GH canon, St. Cuthbert IS Lawful Good. He was changed in the 3E PHB to LN because they needed to fill the slot for a Lawful nongood deity. St. Cuthbert's does place quite a bit of emphasis in law though, and his clerics can only be LG or LN, as in his opinion, those who are not lawful lack the discipline and commitment necessary to fight chaos and evil.

12. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Plenty of clerics do not wear armor, especially if they are posing as an herbmonger in Nulb. Clerics of Ilmater iirc are the most well known example.

Combat casting does not add to your concentration ranks; it applies a +4 to your concentration checks when casting defensively (or being grappled in pnp, etc.). Big difference.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
Our Host!