Nulb npcs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hugh Manetee, Jan 8, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ulgar

Ulgar Member

^ Did you try to flee combat?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I had the same problem with the 4 extra Moathouse stirges. He may be a wierd duplicate of one of the other guys in that encounter.

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

*blushes*

I'm so embarassed.

The reason I couldn't do anything to him was because I forgot that I had Mother Screng drop an Otilukes Resilient Sphere on him to take him out of the fight. I redid the fight this morning and everything went as it should.

It is rather interesting that clerics of St. Cuthbert can get wizard spells as their domain spells. And that Cuthbert has the sphere of destruction. It seems Cuthbert is like our old testament god, all fire and brimstone and damnation if you don't do what he says when he says it. He's a very vengeful god. And yet he's labeled as a "good" god. Seems like the worshippers of Hommlet are just one step away from being Iuz worshippers.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Cuthbert isn't labeled "good", he's "Lawful Neutral" with good tendencies, at least he was in vanilla toee iirc.

5. Necroticpus

That makes sense then. There isn't really much difference between law and evil. Just like Calmert wanting to break Cavanaugh's legs for not paying a mere 2gp religous order fee. Religion always seems to have a reason to declare war on anyone who doesn't fit their very narrow views.

6. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

St. Cuthbert of the Cudgel don't have good tendencies. He is true Neutral. Really TRUE.
    His clerics aren't of evil tendences becose Cuthbert hates Iuz, an Evil deity, and it's apropriated to have good followers to combat evil enemies. More than this, it's much more hard to have a spy of an evil religion inside yer church if all yer followers are good or neutral; halves the risks.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I'm bothered that the Canoness is level 8, and Terjon is multiclassed up to 20. He should be lower than her in theory.

8. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ranth
    You are correct. If I remember correctly, in the PnP version, Terjon was just a 6th Level Cleric and Y'Dey was a 10th Level Cleric. My guess is that Troika "promoted" Terjon so that evel parties wouldn't just "rub him out" early in the game.
    The Royal Canadian

9. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I don't see whats the problem in Terjon have more levels than Y'Dey. Of course, this was diferent in the original adventure, but Terjon have fighted at the Battle of Emrid Meadows, what makes him more than able to be a high level cleric. Maybe not a epic cleric, but...

10. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Welcome back, my friend! You insights have been sorely missed!

11. The Royal Canadian

Hi Necro
    If you look through the "Domains and Domain Spells" list you will find quite a few "non-clerical" spells. For example every Domain Spell for the Animal and Plant Domains are actually Druid spells. In fact the only domains that have only cleric spells for domain spells are: Chaos, Death, Destruction, Evil, Good, Healing, Law, Luck, and War.
    The Royal Canadian

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yah, welcome back A_d_G!

Terjon was more likely promoted to be able to raise the dead (he was level 10 in vanilla, for memory). If this game had no Raise Dead cleric, it would just be a reload-fest. Occasional ill-thought-out demands that he be reduced to 6th lvl by PnP fans have been resisted for this reason.

Y'Dey's sister, who dies in the N_G opening, is identified as 'Y'Doo', which is just silly :no:

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Y'Dey Y'Doo, but Y'Dont. ;)

14. Necroticpus

The canonness is level 9 btw. That's why she gets Otiluke's at 5th level domain spell.

15. The Royal Canadian

Some inconsistancies with "Mother Screng"

Hi Folks
    I just worked up to getting Mother Screng to join my group. I have noticed a few odd things about her though.
    1.) She doesn't have any armor. What Cleric doesn't wear armor (especially seeing as her Dex is only 14 or 15) ?
    2.) She has 12 Ranks of Concentration and the Combat Casting feat which should give her a total Concentration ability of 19, but she ability is listed as 15
    3.) She supposedly created all the potions and scrolls for sale in her shop, but she doesn't have ANY crafting feats !
    The Royal Canadian

Our Host!