NPC Attributes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Sep 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I cant find it, but that doesnt mean it doesnt exsist. Is there a list of recruitable NPC's and their attributes? I never use NPCs in my games and Gaear is forcing me to for the 7.0.0 beta. I want to plan out who I take and I need to know what weapon skills, feats, and stats they have so I know where they will fit.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think gazra lists them in his walkthrough thread.

3. random1

random1 Member

*imagines Gaear beating up Ranth while yelling "you'll play with your NPCs either you want it or not young mister* :twisted:

I really don't understand why you don't like having NPCs in your party. For me having NPCs with different personalities is really a big plus on any game. It makes me want to care about the whole adventure and make the game feel more real.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/Walkthrough/PartyGuide/NPCList.php (contains spoilers)
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=103254#2

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I like it when Elmo offers to buy everyone a drink at the Welcome Wench.

5. Gaear

More like Ranth beating me up because I destroyed WotGS! :nervous:

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

7. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

IIRC Kella is a an apparent Hill Giant on TOEE floor 4, that is actually a druid that has wildshaped into the giant as a disguise, and is unobtrusively observing the TOEE goings on from the inside. If you have a druid in your party, or are a True Neutral party alignment, she will offer to join you. She is pretty powerful, she joins at level 8 or 9 IIRC.

If you do not detect she is actually a druid, you may get into a fight with her as there are other foes nearby. I think that happened to me once. You should carefully approach her so as not to be drawn into a possible combat with other TOEE forces deployed nearby. I guess so as to not "break cover" she joins combat as the giant on the side of the party's foes, instead of revealing her true nature to the party in that unhappy situtation.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Thanks everyone. Another question, if I take Elmo does he ever leave the group if you do something evil? Such as freeing Lareth from Burne's tower or trying to kill the leader of Verb (forget his name at the moment).

I am playing a neutral evil group for the 7.0 beta and want to make sure he will stick with me as I do all of the known content.

9. Gaear

He (along with all other good-aligned NPCs) will now disband and attack you if you attack any generally good to neutral aligned innocents, yes. There are no scripted events where he disbands though, such as like when Zert tries to kill you.

10. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

You're not making this easy on me Gaear :)

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Does anyone know what Furnok's alignment is? Also, Gaear would you mind if I was a party of four until I get Lareth for 7.0.0?

12. Gaear

I think Furnok is TN.

If you don't want an NPC until you can get Lareth, just use 5 PCs until then and kick one out when Lareth comes. It really is important that you have a party of five so that your findings can be compared accurately against the other testers'.

Thinking of that though, we may need to prohibit anyone from taking Lareth, as that would mean no Moathouse Ambush. I think the MA more commonly happens than not, so we probably want its effects included for our information gathering. Sorry if this all sounds Nazi-like, but remember, this whole business is a beta-testing mission to find stuff out, not for fun times. The fun times come after the beta. ;)

13. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

For clarity, maybe we should uh... forgo the "funtimes" and just use the PreGen characters, or our own ?? - plus the same NPC henchman. for testing purposes.

As Furnok is A) 4th level B) well equipped C) TN aligment he would probably be a good choice. Good survivability and decent skills. What do you think Gaear? Uh, everyone needs a rogue at some point, and he makes a decent fighter or even sorcerer...

Is there any other TN NPC available from the beginning of the game? His "Certainly" response does get a tad annoying after a while though. :)

14. Gaear

Any NPC (minus Larerth) is fine. Just stick to the beta testing thread guidelines.

15. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

As Gaear wrote previously in this thread, the stats of all of the recruitable NPCs are listed in the Game Guide & Walkthrough sticky thread (http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8742) (see chapter 33).

Since Gaear wants you to do the Moathouse Ambush, that rules out being able to recruit Kobort, Turuko or Zert. The following NPCs are available to recruit in Hommlet at the start of the game:

Cavanaugh the Beggar (True Neutral level 1 Fighter)

Elmo (Chaotic Good level 4 Fighter)

Fruella (True Neutral level 3 Fighter)

Furnok (True Neutral level 4 Rogue)

Meleny (Lawful Neutral level 1 Druid)

Pishella (Neutral Good level 1 Sorcerer / level 1 Wizard)

Raimol (Chaotic Evil level 1 Fighter)

Ronald Rynnwrathi (Lawful Neutral level 1 Cleric)

Spugnoir (Neutral Good level 2 Wizard)

Ranth, I think Raimol is the best NPC in Hommlet for you to recruit because he is the only available evil recruitable NPC in Hommlet.

Our Host!