North Korea is threatening nuclear war again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Jul 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

The US did not sink any ships. North Korea sank a South Korean ship.

2. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I definitely agree with Necro on the matter of Sweden!
    You know, they have tried to conquer the world a couple of times already!
    Sergio -> :poke: <- Ranth

Now, to serious matters.

As I have said before (or have I not?), North Korea is not a world-scale problem even if it did sunk a ship and killed some 1000 innocent people.
    Even USA with their questionable behaviour are not that big a threat to world, because there are some smart AND sane people there, who have a lot to lose.
    Sergio -> :poke: <- Necro

But, there are some strange people all over the world, who are ignorant savages, fanatical barbarians and overall wild-dangerous, because they have access to modern technology and do not have modern ethical or pragmatical restraint.
    These people sometimes have their states and sometimes they are inside some regular states (like Russia), they breed fast, they know nothing, they think they are the best, because they are crude and hulky, they also think everyone is obliged to them for no reason.

I have met such people. I would not name ethnicities or religions, but I think you all can guess.

THEY ARE THE DANGER !

[If there are any questions, I am not only Russian citizen, I am ethnically Russian too.]

[Hmm... This post seems overly inflamed... Probably has something to do with my recent experiences with students of various ethnicities...]

[I did not mean some bad qualities are coming from their "blood", it is just a centuries-long educational practice, which makes them so... dangerous.]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. Necroticpus

This confuses me. What is the difference between being born Russian and being born ethnically Russian? Are you a descendant of the Kurgans, the ones who would toss children into pits full of starved dogs, and watch them fight for the meat for the Kurgan's amusement? :poke:

*edit*
    By the way, I'm aware that real Kurgans did exist and that they were most likely not like the one in the Highlander movie. :yes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  4. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

You are joking right?

There are many nationalities in Russia, with some belonging to white race and some belonging to yellow race.

Most numerous are (afaik) three Slavic - Russian, Ukrainian, Byelorussian.
    Others are white-race like Mordva and Mari and many more, yellow-race like Tatar, Bashikr, Yakut and many more, and there are a lot of North-Caucasian tribes. Oh, I forgot Jews! The first Jewish state in modern history was and is in Russia (Jewish autonomous region, yay!)

So, you see, there is a difference between being Russian citizen and being Russian ethnically.

5. Necroticpus

See, this is why you make the big bucks as a professor and get flown all over the world to teach others. I learned something new today. I thought all russians were russians and didn't separate themselves by region. It makes sense as russia is the largest land mass in the world.

I know who the cossacks, the huns and the mongols were though!

6. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

There must have been some misunderstanding.*

1) I got flown to Italy to be taught, not to teach.

2) I do not get a lot of money for my work as a lecturer.

3) Russian citizens do not divide themselves by region of birth, they are different because of ethnicity, many nationalities are spread over all Russia.

*Or, maybe, you are joking again.

7. Necroticpus

Ok, I got it now. Russians are like american indians. Don't explain it further. This is the easiest way for me to understand it. There's indians all over the place in the US and there are many, many, many tribes of indians and they could be anywhere.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Russia is like America, the people who are from (born) here have ancestors from many different places. Hence we have things like Italian-Americans. The Russ are not really like the American Indians, they moved to what would later become called Russia during historical times, joining the people who already lived there. They are probably originally from SWEDEN!

Sergio>:poke:<Sergio

9. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

So who are/were the people who already lived there?

10. kio11

kio11 Established Member

rus lived in south of syberia. with the hun wave they got wiped out. remnants moved to west. the russia today considers the huns who settled into that area to be their descendants.

there were hundreds of hunnic branches and hundreds of tribes in each of the branches. a similar number of countries were involved in the wave.

11. GuardianAngel82

The people who lived there were East Slavs, who are the source of the Russian language. The Rus, or Rhos, were Varangians, Norse traders, who traded between the Baltic and the Black Sea along the Volga and other rivers.

These people had several cities in the area, including Holmgard/Novgorod, and spread their influence pretty wide until they disintegrated when the trade collapsed. They existed primarily in the ninth and tenth centuries.

12. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I do not have time to write now, but most you, guys and gals, had posted below my post is wrong...

(Not GA, he is mostly right.)

13. Necroticpus

Holmgard, norse traders, sweden. The original russians were obviously a satellite group of vikings that broke away from the main clan. And they hated North Korea as much as anyone else. I still think they were the Kurgans.

14. GuardianAngel82

The East Slavs were slash and burn farmers, which means that every few years they have to move on to new forest as they use up the fertility of their old lands. The Varangian Norse were engaged in river trading that would provide the wealth necessary to build cities. They were absorbed into the Slavic population in a few generations.

The Kurgans were a nomadic pre Indo-European horse people that roamed the steppe north of the Black and Caspian Seas, south of and about 2000 years before the Rus. The picture looks like someone from a 1000 or more years later, in Roman times. Perhaps it's a Sarmatian from the same area, maybe a descendant. The Hun would have been passing through about that time, so maybe Kio has a point.

15. kio11

kio11 Established Member

im the liar of wikipedia really. these days you can never be sure about history. actually i looked it up sometime ago bcs somebodys russian definition was so wrong compared to my history teachers definition. id like to be the last person to go around saying "this is how it is" but yeah idk..

was also looking up for the crazy horse and the ghost dance. was not really pretty.

Our Host!