No Raiders?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by sonofliberty, Oct 11, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No, sorry to be ambiguous - 'the critter' is an invisible thing to trigger the flag, and to provide a direction if you use Track: it should show up as 'Raider Tracks'. I don't know if people ever use Track but there are a few critters like that here and there in the game.

Thanks for testing that :) I'll give it a spot/listen of 50 to fix it.

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I don't know if i've ever used Track - anywhere in the game

3. Shiningted

Yeah, that's what I'm saying - a lot of people probably never use it, after the novelty of the first time. I have tried to make it a little more relevant on at least 3 of the maps that I can remember.

4. florian1

florian1 Established Member

So, I talked to Billy, and he made some marks on our "map", but I don't surprise the Raiders on the random encounters map on my way there. Instead, when I leave the Raider Camp to return to the Keep, I get ambushed by the Raiders.

5. Shiningted

Bugger... that is a bug. Ok, I will look into it, thanks.

Final question - can you let me know what game.global_vars[57] says now?

6. florian1

And fear not, my party vanquished the Raiders, mostly due to the Druid, Cleric, and Bard having had good initiative rolls : )

7. Shiningted

It's a good fight init?

Ok, the official list of global vars says [57] should be 0, 1 or 2, while the Bailiff's chatter includes the possibility of it being 2^11. I'll figure it out ;) Thanks for the feedback.

8. florian1

It could have been a very tough fight, except that my three spellcasters (Bard, Cleric, Druid) managed to get a grease, sonic boom, and a black bear summons on the biggest crowd of bad guys early on. That made it much easier than it could have been.

9. florian1

I am running through KotB for the second time. This time, everything went fine with finding the boots, and then speaking with Billy.

The first time I went to the Raiders' Camp after talking to Billy had me encounter the Raiders, but with rocks between the Raiders and my party. This seemed to me to represent surprise for my party, so they could buff and such. Problem was, I realized that I forgot to rest the party in the Keep before heading out, and the spellcasters did not have their spells memorized/spells per day at full. So, I reloaded, and returned fully charged, but this time I got ambushed by the Raiders. I wonder if you had some sort of random element built in to the Raider vs Party ambush.

10. Shiningted

Wow really? It's not meant to be random, that would defeat the purpose, it should play out as you say. More likely it was a timing thing - if you head straight out you catch them napping, but if you rest first... do you remember when you previously played through, did you head out immediately after talking to Billy or did you hang around the Keep for a while?

11. florian1

I have no recollection of the previous game.

12. Shiningted

Fair enough, we've all played after having a few.

13. florian1

Especially with all that fine beer in the saddlebags : )

Our Host!