No fix to the sling bullets thing ?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Akalabethian, Oct 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Akalabethian

Akalabethian Member

I was about to get it on with investing on the creation of a good ole halfling and his sling when I read something somewhere about a lack of bullets in the game that would make that pointless.

While I take this chance to defecate on whomever might be responsible for all those unsorted bugs and untested problems in the game while having the cheek to actually charge money for it, I'd like to ask you guys if there's a fix for that around here by any chance ?

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Install the Co8 patch and Ted's Mod 1.20, which includes Liv's Mod. Plenty of ling bullets to last you for the game can be found on various merchants and on a few foes.

3. Akalabethian

Akalabethian Member

Sounds good. Do you know if that's exclusive to Ted's mod ? I already have Co8 + Liv's installed. Thanks again.

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

If you already have Liv's plus Co8, then there should be sling bullets for sale from (iirc) the leather worker and the traders, as well as one foe with a bag of 50. Ted's mod + Allyx's Shop adds another trader with bullets to the very start of the game.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

yah Livs MOD & Allyxs MOD..

try this to reinstall

Try following these steps to reinstall. Plus, there is a bonus at the end of my instructions.

considers Livs MOD is NOT installed

control panel -> add/remove programs -> uninstall Temple of Elemental Evil

Windows Exporer >> C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil >> delete what's left

Reboot

Install ToEE using the original 2 CD disks

Reboot

Install the Atari Official Patch1 -> ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/to..._PATCH1_ENU.EXE

Install the Atari Official Patch2 -> ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/to..._ANY-PATCH2.EXE

Install the Co8 Fan Fixes 3.0.4 -> http://www.co8.org/files/patch/ToEE...ixes_V3-0-4.zip
    * Extract the executable file from the zipped file and run the executable file.

Install the Livonya's Beta 1.5.1 MOD -> http://files.co8.org/mods/Livonya's Beta 1.5.1 Mod Setup.exe
    * Save the file to your hard drive. After it is on your hard drive, then, run the executable and install this MOD.
    ** If you use the setup.exe version of Livonya's MOD, you do NOT need to add the single temple.dll fix as her MOD uses his temple.dll patched file.

Reboot

You can replace the ToEE.exe executable file with the no-cd fix executable file after you reboot your computer the third time.
    * You can get the ToEE no-cd fix below.
    DOWNLOAD *** Temple of Elemental Evil v2.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE (V2.0 for ENGLISH ToEE)
    -> http://m0002.gamecopyworld.com/game...ntal_evil.shtml

[EDIT] then add ShiningTeds MOD 1.2.1 and you are done

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

You don't need to uninstall/reinstall ToEE, provided you already have Patch 1 & 2 (NOT 3!), Co8 3.04 and Liv's mod. Just install Ted's mod on top of that, and you should have plenty of ammunition for your sling.

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I've supported 180 applications in a corporate environment, operating system installs from Microsoft CDs, images, and also clones. From experience, when you do not have the details of what was installed and the order the installs were done, sometimes, it's best to let people know what has to be installed and the order its installed to preempt potential problems.

Our Host!