Newbie questions

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by zed, Feb 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cern

cern Member

erkper the sheathing is not literal meaning.
    it is placing weapons away in the inventory.

how do you sheathe a glaive or scythe?
    realism = consistency. clubs, staves and crossbows should be put auto inventory when enter for consistency. Else, remove this rule.
    if watchers are worried about weapons in Keep, and say to "sheathe" all weapons, all weapons should be auto sheathed (out of hand and in inventory), not some.
    It is a stupid rule, besides.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The 'sheathing' rule means what the DM says it means, no more and no less. So erkper was quite correct and Cern, you absolutely aren't.

May I direct you to THIS comic?

There are people who play D&D who think nothing of saying "I put my halberd in my belt pouch, it can take the weight" and there are people who balk at that because its ridiculous. Neither are necessarily right or wrong, but if the DM says one particular view is how the game is being played, then thats how it is. Arguing about it after that achieves nothing.
    You're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is, if realism gets you down and you want instant gratification gameplay, you might prefer Super Mario Kart. Nothing says unrealistic fun like mushrooms driving go-karts.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!