New Weapons

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cuchulainn, Sep 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

Has anybody suggestd dialing back the handgun's damage yet?

I think it's great that youput the pistol in there, and though I'd have suggested a Colt Single Action Peacemaker to be more in keeping with the greyhawk deity Murlynd (that's how I'd backstory the pistol, since Murlyn was involved in taking Iuz down the first time, one of his weapons fell into Iuz' hands during the epic confrontation, thus making it into the hands of his evil clergy, from whence the witches of Gnarley wood obtained it when defeating a temple emissary who overreached in his ambitions), as the modder who created it the choice to make it a late twentyith century S&W was yours, and nobody has a right to say otherwise.

But I did notice that a very tough monster fell to that pistol's five shots without even getting to raise a huge white scaled talon in it's own defense. A bear I can see, people hunt bear with large caliber handguns al of the time, but a dragon?

If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest that for the next mod maybe you could consider making the damage more on par with a bear killer, and leave the dragon as the tough challange to a moderate level party that it as intended to be.

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Speaking of guns, has anyone ever thought of
    modelling guns like those in WoW or in Warhammer
    the dwarves have? It would be more "realistic" if
    such a weapon appeared instead of contemporary
    arms. ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I think some of you guy's are missing the point...

Those guns were created as testing tools (there are actually quite a few of these tools in the protos) there was never any intention to put them into the game but they come in useful to modders who need to test something they've been working on, and some bad guy gets in the way. instead of spending the next half an hour beating down the bad guy, you console yourself a gun, take him out and carry on with your modding in a couple of minutes.

4. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Oh, I wasn't serious--I was just kidding. I'd just watched "The Terminator" and had the phrase in mind. I apologize if it came across as serious--it was kind of making fun of the "hey you should make a bgII module that would be kewl!!!" etc. requests (i.e. completely unrealistic) that seem to pop up occasionally.

5. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

I like it...much better than just a heavycrossbow

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Phased Plasma isn't the only thing we're going to need if ever a mod for "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks" is planned. Might as well start playing with them sooner rather than later...

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Contemporary arms are exactly what we have here, though. Not something developed by technological advancement of the state-of-the-art. It's a gun brought back by Murlynd when he travelled into an alternate existance in Boot Hill. Cujo just adapted it into an advanced version given the progression of things since the days of Murlynd. No Dwarven muskets. Sorry. I can't explain the rifle, except for what Allyx has said, unless...one of the Servants of the Gatherer claimed one as a trophy following their skirmish with the Nazis in the Sturmgeschutz & Sorcery scenario.

8. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Barrier Peaks would be a really fun module, now that you mention it--really shake things up. But it probably won't happen until some point in the future . . . :aaaa:

It's been so long--did it adapt the rules from Metamorphosis Alpha, or Gamma World, do you remember, LS?

9. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Oh well, at least I tried. ;) My Dwarven Ranger would
    surely love it. Oh, and just for clarity, I didn't want it
    to be a weapon for testing, but a common arm,
    that is: no damage like 6d6+99. It probably
    won't happen because Greyhawk hasn't developed that
    far with technology, right?. I don't know really, I have
    better lore (;)) about Forgotten Realms.

10. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

@Cujo: Is this the lines you were thinking of for a broom?

Cuchulainn.

Attached Files:

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yip, except with the brush part at the other end.

altho I'd like to see pic's of both ways next to each other (I didn't think about how it would look striking at an opponent)

btw, damn you - you're work is getting better and better that I can't find things wrong with it ;)

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

With cleavers, rolling pins and brooms, the once desperate housewives of Hommlet have just become armed and dangerous. ;) nice work Cuchulainn.

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Arming each of the witches with a broomstick isn't such a silly idea - except we would run into the 'draw weapons' problem that we can't get them to pull them out, and they would look silly standing there with them (particularly Sunom and the Nulb chick 'Morgause').

but the model itself is fantastic Cuch! :thumbsup:
    No more bowcaster? :sadblinky

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well who's going to have a bowcaster in toee anyway, I mean we don't even have any tasmanian models.

15. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Your wish is my command. Ignore the black bits, the model picked up the curse of the ghost shadows on the latest export. Let me know which way you want it held, and I'll get rid of the shadows.

Cuchulainn.

Attached Files:

Our Host!