New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Thanks for the help. I was able to find the issue. It will be fixed in the next version of temple plus!

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Was that a Temple+ issue or a strategy.tab issue, Doug?

3. _doug_

The issue was in the temple+ AI code. The strategy.tab file was fine.

4. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Have you been attacked by both zombies and skeletons? Try shield bashing (maybe with a holy shield).

Or maybe you need more hits to deal with those especially stubborn skeletons.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Very nice! I take it the animations were already in the game, just unused?

6. dolio

Yeah. I have no knowledge of modelling/animation, so luckily that part was already done. It just required reworking a bunch of game logic to make it available.

Oddly, I got the idea for the holy shield thing by noticing that Hedrack's shield comes with the Unholy Weapon property. So maybe one of the developers was expecting him to be able to bash you with it.

My sword isn't doing much against these skeletons. Maybe I should just smash with my shield.

BTW, why are the skeletons bleeding?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    Buffed Rabbit, FDR4PREZ and _doug_ like this.
  7. _doug_

Bug fix version 1.0.93 is released.

* Fixed Brother Smyth not properly doing his forge animation.
    * Fixed 2-handing weapon animation when wearing a buckler.
    * Fixed enemies casting healing spells on PCs.
    * Fixed school for Waves of Fitague/Exhaustion.
    * Fix Favored Soul bonus feats being dragged into non bonus slots.
    * Added Foresight to the Druid list.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Awesome work with the shield bash guys, I don't know how many hours - days - I wasted trying to make that happen.

Dolio - the skeletons are bleeding because you keep stabbing them.

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  9. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I don't know if others have the same problem with the way Temple+ handles XP with the "lower XP" option in the House Rules section. I think it is a very neccessary und useful option but too drastic in the way it reduces XP. I remember that in the description it says something like by the end you will be 2 or 3 levels behind. But the reducction seemed always much higher to me. So I tested now the same fight with lower XP on and off. The result was that I got 58% less XP with the option lower XP. That would mean that a level 20 team would be a level 12 team with lower XP option.
    At the moment I play by switching the option on and off but maybe it could be fine tuned in the future.

10. dolio

I haven't looked at how it works, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that 3E has rather absurd 'catch up' mechanics on the XP that essentially force everyone to be the same effective level. Being 2 levels lower causes you to earn about double experience (from killing monsters, anyway), so even a 50% penalty only puts you a couple levels behind in the long run. The penalties have to be drastic to be meaningful in the face of the drastic XP scaling from being a different level.

11. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I don't think that really makes up for the "brutal" 60% XP reduction. If I remember correctly my lasst group consisting of 4 Pc's were about lvl 15 , using lower XP, when they reached the Demon and Demigoods quest. Normally a 5 Pc group is about lvl 19 or 20.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  12. MICHAEL JOHNSON

MICHAEL JOHNSON Member

Not sure I am posting in the right place. Hopefully I am lol. So I have been playing this game since the CD release. A few years back I discovered Temple+ and have played it off and on for years. I had started a new game and was deep, about to destroy Hommlet, which was disappointing it had been a bad day lol, and my game crashes. Bad. I couldn't get it to load, I panicked and spent 2 days trying to find the issue. I couldn't get the Config file to open to the options. FYI- I finally discovered an old LOCKED config file. I deleted it and everything was great. Except I am not getting all the new races. I get the traditional page, page 2 is not there (Mystic Thuerge; assassin; etc....) but page 3 is (Favored Soul, etc....)

So what am I missing? I could not find a similar post and apologize if this was previously answered.

13. Windscion

Windscion Member

Additional races are under house rules tab. As are prestige classes.

14. MICHAEL JOHNSON

MICHAEL JOHNSON Member

Right I know that as I said I have been playing Temple+ a long time. Those options are available and are on. Still missing 1 page. Thanks!!

15. _doug_

Try running the configurator again and deselecting the additional race/class options. Then run the configurator and select the additional race/class options again. Let me know if that helps.

Our Host!