New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That's not how Empower works with Mirror Image, the only effect it should have is to increase the result on the dice by 50%, it says nothing about raising the level cap.

If it did raise the level cap, an Empowered Fireball would be dealing up to 15d6 damage and damage increased by 50% - making it better than Maximized Fireball for less increased level investment.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    FDR4PREZ likes this.
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Lol, we already had this discussion. The wording can be interpreted either way, so we opted towards actually having it do something. In short, you can read it as "the number of images is a random variable uniformly distributed between [min(1+cl,8), min(4+cl,8]", and so its result can be empowered 50% as normal.

3. Allyx

RAW, it does do something, it's just not worth doing, there are many "trap feats" in 3.x d&d, Metamagic feats applied to the wrong kind of spell are just wasted increases in spell slots without any material gain - this is an example of that.

The spell description and feat description are both very clear about what they do, Empower increases randomly generated numbers (dice rolls) by 50%. Which affects Mirror Image by creating 1.5xd4 images, the cap of 8 images maximum is not randomly generated and therefore unaffected.

4. Sitra Achara

I disagree that it's very clear. The wording is fuzzy about whether the cap is a hard cap on images, or just the upper end of the random variable's normal range.

5. Allyx

It seems pretty clear to me it is a hard cap, but to clarify:

"Mirror image creates 1d4 images plus one image per three caster levels (maximum eight images total)."

If not for the part in parentheses, at 18th level you could have 6 images in addition to the 1d4 you roll for, 10 maximum images, thus the cap of 8 is the more specific rule.

FDR4PREZ likes this.
  6. Sitra Achara

We're going in circles here. Let's just agree to disagree.

7. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I agree with Allyx

Allyx likes this.
  8. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Thankee! Alleluia!

9. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Congratulations and big thanks from me personally to you guys!!

Thins is very important release, as it improves saving and loading by allowing to store data in the native archive package of ToEE. Thus allowing me to finally release the SGoS :)

10. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Oversized Two-Weapon-Fighting does not seem to work for rangers (or at least does not show up in the attack bonus calculation). IIRC it should lower the penalties for two Battleaxes to -2/-2 combined with Dual Wield, but it remains at -4/-4.

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Doug corrected Oversized Two Weapon Fighting from the version he originally released wherein the feat behaved as you expect above to behaviour as per the rules (apparently) where the feat only works when a full attack is made. I must say I preferred the original version and have copied it into the overrides folder.

12. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Oh, I wan't aware this was RAW. I thought it might be an issue with not recognising the Ranger ability. Fair enough then. Mind attaching the original version files? Can't see any reason why this should apply only to full attacks.

13. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Here it is; goes into tpModifiers.

Attached Files:

14. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

I have found a major problem with my assigned spell_enums (range 1050 to 1099). I've spent quite a lot of time figuring out why a person that is buffed by a newly added spell isn't counted for flanking anymore. Turned out that the spells screws up any combat check, like AoO, flanking etc. I checked everything, different spells etc and the last thing I tried was changing the spell_enum from 1051 to 851 and everything is working fine.

I've already added about 15 spells and was close to uploading the first bunch here but stumbeld upon this strange behavour while doing Critical Strike and Sniper's Shot, both care about flanking.

What shall I do? Is this easy fixable in Temple+? Or am I allowed to use a lower spell_enum range?

EDIT: Ok, on furhter inspection, this was not the fault, it also happens on lower spell_enums. I just copied for testing enums one spell and it seemed to work, now that I have moved all spells down, it stops working. So I obviously messed up somewhere else.

EDIT2: I attached a few spells. If i for example cast Undersong, the bard does not flank anymore nor does he provoke AOO's while moving in combat.

I am completly clueless why. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  15. Sitra Achara

Oh right, I forgot to mention that I tested your mod and didn't run into any problems when flanking... do you have a save demonstrating thus issue?
    Also try looking at the log file, you may catch some errors there.

Our Host!