new spells

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wraith_bones, Mar 21, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

sounds cool,flesh it out a little.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Rats! Shot off my mouth. Now I have to do work. Let's see...

Tell the Ratelo to get on the AN-PRC 77, call the 155's, request smoke, send in the M60A3TTS's... No wait! Wrong game. How about this:

Conjuration(Creation)

Level: Air 2, Clr 3, Drd 3, Sor/Wiz 2, Water 2
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Casting Range: Medium
    Area: 30 ft radius (half-sphere)
    Duration: 1 minute/ level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No
    Effect: Creates smoke that obscures normal vision but not thermal vision.

Since this exists in the real world, I thought it seemed plausible. It would be useful in clearing the upper Temple levels of their annoying human infestations.

3. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

well, I would like to see a few spells such as:

Permanent weapon enchantment spells. (without having to get that special skill or whatever.)

I would also like to see a fighter able to cast spells :s but I guess that one is a bit off since fighters specialize in the weapon like classes.:giggle:

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Magic weapons crafting is available to spell-casters at higher levels. You can multi-class, or Rangers and Paladins can cast spells at higher levels, and clerics or druids are sort of spell-casting fighters.

Xfire, your avatar looks familiar. Is it 160 Aviation or something like that?

5. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

no, its skies of arcadia (SoA). Now how would I edit the game so that i can goto level 50 and make a longer questline and such???

6. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

This varient of the fireball i devolped for a thrall of jubilex.

Slimeball
    level: wiz/sor 4 slime 4
    evocation
    components:v,s,m/d.f.
    casting time: 1 standard action
    range:long (400'+40' per level)
    area:20' radius spread
    duration: 1 round per level
    saving throw: special
    spell resistance:no

This spell detonates with a dull roar coating everything in the area of effect with a slippery,
    foul smelling, goo.
    All creatures in the area of effect must make two saving throws.
    The first is a reflex check to remain standing,and the second is a fortitude check or become nauseated by the vile green/brown sludge covering the target.Creatures coated in the initial blast only make one fort check even if they remain in the area of effect or fall.
    Creatures entering the area of effect after the initial blast must still make a reflex check,but need not make a fort. check unless the reflex check is failed(meaning they fall into the thick slime).
    Creatures running or charging through the area take a -2 penalty to the reflex check.
    material component:a bit of nasal discharge from a creature of the giant sub-type

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Not seeing the slime domain... :eyebrow:

8. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Those are the standard domains...there are a whole new ones for lesser deities, dragon deities, and abyssal/celestial deities (powerful dragons, demons or celestials can grant domains, as well as other powerful beings), not to mention the prestige domains.
    Other settings domains have been adapted too, to fit a generic setting (default greyhawk), like darkness or cave domains. :google:

9. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

Heres another varient of the fireball i used for a very powerful lich guarding the mythical ring of winter

Sunball
    level:sor/wiz 9
    components:v,s,m
    casting time:1 standard action
    range:medium (100'+10' per level)
    effect:20' radius/special
    duration:1 round per level
    saving throw:yes/special
    spell resistance:yes

As the caster completes the spell, a blazing ball of light forms between his upraised hands,growing until its 3' in diameter,where upon the caster throws it.
    When it reaches its target instead of detonating like a fireball,it hangs in mid-air shedding light equal to a daylight spell,intense heat and exerting a powerful gravitational force.
    All creatures within between 10-20' suffer 1d4 points of fire damage per level(max 20d4) and must make a reflex save or be pulled closer at the rate of 5' per round.
    Those within 10' or closer suffer 1d4 +1 point per caster level of fire damage per round(max 20d4 +20)
    Creatures actually touching the sunball suffer 1d6+1 points of fire damage per round(max 20d6+20)
    Any missle weapons passing through the area of effect suffer a -4 penalty to hit,and if it misses by 5 or more the projectile is pulled into the sunball and consumed.

10. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

One of my all time favorite creations, implementable in almost any system:

Teleport Heart to Hand

Yep, just like it sounds. Target's still-beating heart in your hand. Good for incredible intimidation bonuses, makes your opponents very careful when using area effect spells, and of course, if you die, you have a good chance of taking your opponent with you.

Due to magical link, target doesn't die while heart is still alive. Contact between target and heart returns heart to proper location.

And freaks the **** out of low-level observers (even your own people).

Requires verbal component resembling a baseball being caught in a glove.

--thearioch

11. Tyrannar

Tyrannar Wanderer in the dark

From Illusion school or?

12. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

Here's another one i created for the same lich

Blazing spear
    conjuration (fire)
    level: sor/wiz 2
    casting time: 1 standard action
    range: personal
    duration: 1 round per level
    saving throw: none
    spell resistance: yes

Upon completion of this spell, a blazing shaft of light resembling a spear, forms from the end of the casters fore-finger.
    The caster is reqires a touch attack,if sucessful deals 1d8+1 point per caster level(max+15) of fire damage.
    As a free action the caster may lengthen the spear to a long spear granting him a reach of 10' or shorten it to an inch to allow the casting of other spells.
    The spell never harms the caster or his equipment, and will fail is cast under water.The caster may use the spear to set agaist a charge.
    material component:a bit of an ember

13. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

his heart to hand spell would be necromancy/conjuration

14. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

Transmutation -- just like regular teleport.

Although, I'd see cross-listing it with necro.

Conjuration creates something out of nothing, and illusion isn't real -- both ideals the target wishes were the case :)

What can I say, I like spells with...gravitas. Other good spell names are:

Power Word: Decapitate (if I knew a single word for "head explodes", I'd use it). Power Word: Death is so...anticlimatic.

Flesh to Glass (Stone can actually take some damage)

Wish: I wish you were a pillar of salt at the center of the Elemental Plane of Water

Bigby's Extended finger

Bigby's Backhand of Justice

Yeah, I'm bored. If I'm degenerating, please feel free to move my post somewhere more fitting.

--thearioch

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Power Word: Decapitate wouldn't have to be used on the neck to have gravitas agaionst male NPCs....

Our Host!