new spells

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wraith_bones, Mar 21, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

heh perhaps, but i meant it as a one time zap to anyone caught in the web....kinda like a sticky fireball,but in any event here's one i invented early after 3.0 came out

Shock Wave
    alteration
    level:sor/wiz 2
    components v,s,m,
    casting time: 1 standard action
    range:close(25'+5' per 2 levels) max 50'
    area:cone shaped burst
    duration:instantaneous
    saving throw:reflex negate
    spell resistance:no

Upon completion of this spell the caster stomps on the ground causing energy to roll outward from the caster,rippling the ground similar to ocean waves, the surface on which the spell acts is not damaged in any way and snaps back into place after the spell passes.
    Any creature or object in the area of effect must make a reflex save or be tossed into the air landing prone in the same square(no damage).
    Of course the target(s) must be on the ground for it to have any effect(flying.levitating etc) will serve as protection against the spell,simply jumping grants no benefit.
    As a curious side effect any creature traveling through the area of effect using the earth as a means of transport(earth elementals,xorn etc.) not simply burrowing(which also protects against this spell) must make a reflex save or be forcibly ejected and be sickened (-2 penalty on all attack,damage,skill checks and saving throws) for 1 round.
    material component: a small piece of earth exposed to an earthquake with in one years time.

dm's note: i like this spell, but its one of the few ive listed on this forum which never actually made it into my campaign.Gravity well being the other.

2. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

I believe with new spells should come new weapons :D but also... BIGER WEAPONS. I tire of seeing the Co8 5.0 guillotine blade... its so tiny.... just needa make it bigger so it can kik azz not damage wise... just size. I mean c'mon who wants a dinky little blade that does all that damage? specially when it's your fav weapon T_T

3. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

try casting suggestion on a hill giant and taking his tetsubo before the spell wears off...its crazy big... u need humble npc' turned on

4. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

would the suggestion spell work on IUZ? because if it does then I'll take his BIG, BIG guillotine blade sword.

5. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

He, the Shock wave it's cool. :)
    I had a hammer for one of my players that do something similar, but in a radius effect.

I don't think so...first, you'll need to pass thru their GARGANTUAN spell resistance...then, he gets a save (his crazy stats would make him have a succes even whit a 2 on a roll), and lastly, it's supposed to be an outsider type, so he shouldn't be subject to normal mind affecting spells.
    But i never used suggestion (never) so i don't know how it will work in the game...

In Verbobonc, there are many guillotine blade, in Drowish hands, of course ;)

In any case, i don't think it's small, in fact it's too big to be wielded properly! :p

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  6. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

Didn't work on IUZ. even though i hacked my stats to a freaking godly power, still nothing... and I think the guillotine blade should be as big as the final fantasy one of cloud LOL. Kinda unrealistic, but when has D&D or ToEE ever been realistic? lol:doh:

7. Half Knight

Well, if you're feeling brave, you can download Phalzyr's Proto Editor v2.4.3 HERE, which will let you modify almost everything related to stats in the Protos.tab file.

It really easy to use, pretty intuitive.

Column 6 it's for size, it works as a percentage (thus, if you enter 100, that means 100%, it will be the normal size, so 120 it's 120% and so and so...really simple), you can look for the guillotine blade, and change it to 150% for example, that should be enough i think.

If you do this, don't forget to make a BACKUP of the protos.tab first, just in case :)

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  8. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!:largeclap

9. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

suggestion uctually lets you take control of the monster unlike charm monster which just makes hin an ally so u can loot gear or use their abilities

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I like Shockwave too - based on Tremor, dare I say?

11. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

now i just need to learn how to add/make new weapons and armor in the game :p
    And does the gun actually shoot in the game? i got the smith&westrealm and its just a simple dagger...

12. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

IIRC, to shoot it you need to use it through the radial menu like it was a wand.

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Are there a limited number of shots?

How is it reloaded?

14. Half Knight

Hey, stop hijacking this thread! :rant:

Nope, it has infinite uses.
    Don't need to reload, you can use it every round
    Since it is a bludgeoning "dagger", it can be dual wielded
    It is used thru radial menu, yes
    It shoots up to five "shots", each dealing 5d12 damage (really)

From now on, whoever post something that doesn't related to new spell, will have to propose at least a new spell (don't need to be very specific, just the idea).
    For example:

Elemental Shillelags (druid): work exactly as a Shillelag, but instead of dealing 1d10 damage it deals 1d6, but you can choose an element at the moment of casting (cold, fire, acid or electricity) and it will deal that type of damage instead bludgeoning.

The poster of the most original spell, will won a masterwork fully-craftable Smyth&westrealm, and the second place, a shaved duck.

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Sorry Sr. .5K,

Thanks for answering my off-thread question.

In apology, I offer this new spell:

Thermal Smoke - blocks visible light, but is invisible to infra-vision.

Our Host!