New SKM TOEE moddified Models

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by XVicious, Jun 28, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious Your tool makes it a simple process, I have to learn too your tool. I need to go by the way gotta be coming back later, I'm off to our meeting now gotta hurry or I'll be late he-he. :)

2. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

That was the idea of creating the tools ;),
    i got tired of looking at hex, converting it back and forth, trying to find what needs to change

creating the program to do it for me, now that is a tool..

3. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

For viewers who want to view xvicious work here's a version of it. Please have a feedback on his work. ;)

To install - Simply extract the zip contents anywhere. Double-click the 'catmodbyxvicious' folder then inside copy 'data' folder and paste it to 'Temple of Elemental Evil' directory. Overwrite all files? Yes. From there launch your TFE Front End then play the game.

To test - Start new game, click neutral good alignment, choose Almir 'sorceror', start the game. On the shopmap, right-click near Almir, choose familliar select 'CAT', wait till the summoning, right-click again near Almir then hover on inventory option click your cat's name then see it go out the backpack.

Attached Files:

4. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Updated the catmodbyxvicious.

Update:

- New sound stances for cat familliar model (attack, die, panic)
    - Next will be the hawk and raven one

@XVicious Salutations to you! Can you modify the owl familliar into a realistic one? Thanks, we might complete the familliar set, and might have it a place in Co8 mod.

Installation

Read my last post before this one. Overwrite all files? Yes.

Testing Procedure

Read my last post before this one. Use sorc or wiz to cast this familliar.

Attached Files:

5. XVicious

Thank you Zoltec, we make a good MOD team duo, you should add your name to the mod too

happy 4th !!

;)

6. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious He-he of course we are a good duo since I'm up with modding while you are task to re-model the existing ones! Kay' I'l add my name aftersometime ;) Okay back to modding, the weasel uses a rat model, can you make its body more thinner and have its tail thick and long, and of course the ears (rounded), you should look for the weasels' inventory icon for more references. Goodluck! :)

Edit: I might come back later. Cannot say. Since, I'm off now to fulfill my duties in life. :sweatdrop

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  7. XVicious

yep, I will get on it. I will post the zip back here, when I have a good mod.

[​IMG]

little hard to notice at first glance but this modded rat has been thinned out and
    skinned to appear more like a weasol, maybe after Zoltek gets it, he might skin it better..plus add sounds for it. all the animations are still retained

Attached Files:

8. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious Magnificent work! :)

I cannot test it yet due to the fact, that I'm not with my main computer. Though I assumed your model is already perfect. :thumbsup: If I can get back home tonight, I'll do the skin and package the hawk and raven into the catmod with this. :joy:

I noticed your *Drow and I'm wondering what methods you used to implement it into the game.

Is it a pregen-PC or a customized NPCs like Elmo and Brother Smyth?

9. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious Ok I want to tackle up this topic with you.

A PC uses a zero-skin called the "primary skin model" which can be override by static or dynamic textures which is the sub artifacts or sub models, general examples are weapons, armors and so forth.

The problem with PCs is that we cannot create a custom skin for it due to the fact that we have no existing selection interface for custom skins thus it is limited only to races. examples are predefined Human -> light brown skin, Elf -> pale white skin. So the question is how can we implement a custom skin for PC? There is none at the moment (though .dll hacking is the best option). But for now there is a possibility that we can create such for pregenerated-PCs and NPCs since they can have a customized skin using point-to-that method (mesh pointing). I've seen a folder (NPC folder) in extracted .DAT files, and I've observed its contents; Elmo uses a custom .TGA skin, though I don't have tests yet to prove that it can be altered without being restored to its original skin which is pointed and defined directly in .dll file.

Example sequence of returned skin

Pregen PC (PPC-Human race)/altered mes -> point skin to PPC -> call .TGA texture -> Override skin (not possible) -> Go back to original skin (Human race skin)

Our main goal here is to point the .TGA skin to the pregen PC or NPC permanently, so we can create a pregen-drow that have black skin, can equip armors, weapons and so forth (because, If you haven't noticed yet, the verbobonc drows are relying on armors to cover their main skin - Elf pale white skin. I'm telling you this because I don't have any technical knowledge about the .SKA format. Since, I'm not a 3Ds max novice nor expert myself. I hope you get what I'm up to. :kirby: I have a reference for it though I cannot decipher the method/process used to point the .TGA skin to PIXIE the green summoned fairy; it is summonable by Druids. There must be a configuration in PIXIE's .SKA file that can point to custom .TGA file.

10. XVicious

Ok I know what you are saying,
    like the elf, both genders use the same model as humans
    change the .mdf files, that point to the skin you want use.
    changing the MDF file is the best way to over-ride the texture material
    MDF = material definition file (texture or skin / color)
    if you look in the elf male/female file, there is no SKM for them; altered anyway.
    there is only the files containing the genders + their textures (.tga) and their .mdf
    files that point to those textures.
    so in theory I think if you where to create all the necessary files with the MDF for a race
    such as DROW, and all there attached equipment (except weapons), you could add such
    a race to the NPC, and PC race. I would suggest studying the instance of the ELF as the
    best example of such an addition. And again, for you to make an added race to the
    character creation screen, you still have to change the User interface, like I suggested
    before with hair styles/extra colours ; plus you may need to add a python script that
    attaches to the selection. Your projection project sounds plausable, but you do have a
    mess of a data trail you need to link together, plus the mod of the GUI.
    you mention the SKA ref by the fairy: I dont think the materials are declared in the SKA,
    only in the base SKM. if the texture is changing, i think it may have something to do with
    a python script (only my guess).

DROW EXAMPLE
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious Friend I have a little problem regarding your hawk model, it seems it's way too small than the generic stirge. How can I scale it from its default size? Anyways, thanks for the feedback regarding the topic I brought up. :) I'm finishing our mod here so stay up, I might post it soon or in a later time.

Edit: The weasol model shows some black parts, and cannot be totally skinned by the .tga file. Already extended the picture format from 64x64 to 100x100 still no effect. By the way do you know how to alter the rotation speed of snake familliar? I would like it altered because the snake is too slow when its body rotates into a new direction.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  12. XVicious

[col 6] in the proto edit is the scale value, In the pic I had increased it too ~300x
    fyi: I cant make the model larger without scaling the bones too , not doing that, creates problems with animation; so you need to scale it via proto's.

about the weazol, the reason its a lil black maybe is because of the lighting normals.

I could try to make another, but i would suggest trying to paint more on the borders of the texture where its painted first, and if that dont do it ; I would try to fix the lighting;

13. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious Alrighty! I'll try to modify the scale value via proto. However I'd like to add that I've already did before what you suggested now; "painting on those borders". So the problem reallly lies on lighting. ;)

14. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

@XVicious Here's the incomplete mod. Don't try this on 7.9 to avoid complications. I have to leave it for now, anyway thanks for your time. :) You can double check the .TGA file of weazol here if I missed something else. There is no custom sound yet for other familliars except the cat one. Lastly, we need to change the owl model since it uses a Vrock model and I'll leave it to you. Goodluck!

Attached Files:

15. XVicious

I notice some of the textures you sent opened inverted; upside down, i dont know
    if that happens in the game or not? could be just my tga editor incompatible with your saved format (bits/pixel, compression, who knows)?

i use
    Brush strokes
    from
    broken_link ->www.pabird.supanet.com / freesoftware/ v1.0
    c. Paul Bird 2004

searched download link for brush strokes
    http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/brush-strokes.html?fromsearch

..ok I will try to give you another version for the owl, and attempt to fix the lighting,

propably tomarrow, little tired. I was trying to modify the movie list with no luck on

adding new names to the list, or no luck catching a script to play the movie when

entering an area without a movie (editing maplist.mes).

Weazol normal (light reflection angle) fix update 2 using loose normals

tool set update , wave2skm bug fix
    bug: choosing loose normals did not queue all normals when initializing data

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
Our Host!