New Play-through with new content and Temple +-possible bug...?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by zertzax, Oct 17, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. zertzax

zertzax Member

So I spent the weekend binging the game and ran into a couple of situations that may be connected or bugged. After rescuing Thrommel and the Elven Countess and and Her Boy Toy, I did not get the full rewards. The Veluna folks gave my party the money, a ring of protection +1 and a potion, butr no badges or Scather. The Elves just gave us some money.

My party was all true neutral, A Favored Soul, a Sorcerer, and a Warmage. I am not sure if that has anything to do with the lack of rewards. Not a game changer and I would only of sold Scather anyway, but it was a little disappointing not to get everything.

Anyone else run into something like this?

2. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Well, that's old-style D&D for you. Good guys get the good rewards. You did nothing wrong.

Everyone gets the base items.

To get the badges, you need to be of good party alignment (at creation).

To get Scather, the PC interacting needs to be good. (the party alignment doesn't need to be good, though)

Thus, to get both you need to have created your party within a good party alignment category and also the face PC needs to have a good alignment.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    zertzax likes this.
  3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Oh, that's interesting. I've run a couple of notionally 'neutral' parties recently (taking advantage of the T+ option to ignore alignment restrictions on party composition never did understand why CG and CE could adventure together but LG and TN couldn't). First time round I said no thanks to a reward, but current go I did and got the sword but not the badges. I have to say I assumed that they have been removed as slightly unnecessary clutter (thank you milord, two additional inventory items for the neck slot, with no benefit, to compete with CON/WIS/ AC boosting items!), so interesting to find it's down to party alignment.

4. zertzax

zertzax Member

Thank you very much for explaining this to me. I don't remember it being that way but then I usually DO play good guys...plus it has been several years since I last played. It does sound logical and if I should want Scather, I will need to plan ahead. :D

5. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

From the Temple+ console (Dungeon Master Tool) you can give your characters both Frag. and Scather weapons. That's a quick fix, if you feel that you should have those weapons in your run.

zertzax likes this.
  6. zertzax

zertzax Member

Naw I am cool with things and enjoyed killing off Zuggy without the Artifacts.

I will admit I wish the game had been made less buggy and had been more successful. Just think of the extra mods that could have been created...Oh well Co8 and others have modded the heck out of ToEE. That's good for me.

I think I will give KoTB a try over the weekend :)

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
Our Host!