New PC voices, get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Jun 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

I downloaded both of your voice sets (both ended as pack_f oddly) and found that Jan Jansen's set seems to be missing, or set 43. Were his sounds included in your sets?

Another problem is none of the sounds seem to be working. I followed your instructions to the T and checked both mes files in both folders per your suggestion and they both look ok. The names show up on the sound select window but they don't trigger any sounds.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, sounds like another embarrassing f%$#-up on my part - the control files issue raised by Upstart on the previous page was fixed for the control files here, but I don't think it was fixed for the control files at my server :( Must get on to that asap. [Edit: taken care of that]

So offtheboat, go into data/sounds/ and create a new folder called Speech (or, if you have installed my other mod, it will be sitting there staring at you). Drag and drop the pcvoice folder into the speech folder.

Dunno what to say about the Jan Jansen stuff, set 43 is certainly in the BG2 male pack.

Lemme know if this fixes things.

[Edit: ok, this is getting worse. It appears I uploaded BG2_f to my server TWICE, and BG2_m not at all... I am fixing that now. Offtheboat, just download the male pack from the first post in this thread (off the Co8 server). Sorry bout that!!]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  3. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

Thanks. Looks like that will do the trick. One last Q, is it possible to change the voice set assigned to a character or do you have to start from scratch and rebuild those characters again?

4. Shiningted

Not that I know of. Try a saved character editor, there are threads on here periodically that mention these things.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

5. Shiningted

For people who don't know, I rolled all the various new voices into a single Custom Voice pack (thats SEPERATE to the BG2 packs, I mean the various non-BG2 ones :)) and they are all available right here on the Co8 server. Just check the first post again.

6. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

i get sound but the speech is very soft..

ive tested with varius other games and it doesnt appear to be a hardware issue.

7. Shiningted

Yes, some of the custom voices are not exactly perfect volume-wise, thats because they were made by fans for BG2 or something. Can't be helped. Use the pure BG2 ones if it really gets on your nerves :)

8. Cloudsprinter

Cloudsprinter Member

You can edit them using a sound editor ( www.goldwave.com is free trial :headfones ) other programmes do it to.

Other games such as LOTRBFME and a few other CRPG's have voicefiles you can retrieve and edit. The ones that shipped with TOEE are awful. I'm 99% sure Troika did them a few days before the game shipped. Many of the characters are clearly the same person 'doing a voice' :rant: It's possible to have a party of NPC's that sound the same! nice work!

Luckily Shining ted has improved it by about 9800% and made it possible for non-modder types like me to edit all the Scottish dwarves out of the game :evil_laug

9. Shiningted

Sorry, ur right, it can be helped, I am just not that good with such software (had to do a crash course with advice from Gaear, Drifter etc just to do this the first time). I meant it couldn't be helped from in the game that I could see, couldn't find wolume controls for the voices like with the soundtracks.

And yeah, from what I have heard 2nd hand from the Troika folks I ithnk it was a lot like that ;)

10. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

mmm... is there a ToEEFE integration in the works?

11. Shiningted

Yes there is, and the soft-voiced one has already been fixed by Mr Gaear.

12. Shiningted

Needless to say, if u want voices from 1 Jan 2006 onwards, get em from the Co8 Portrait & Voice Packs thread, not here. :)

Can we de-sticky this please?

13. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Happy to oblige. Done!

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Sorry to do this, but I had to bump this thread to get a good address for it.

15. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I can't hear any of the voices that start with "BG2" for some reason...

Our Host!