new Monstrs and Raising the level cap

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by samurixxxx, Jun 11, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. samurixxxx

samurixxxx Member

hi, long time fan of the CO8 mode packs on TOEE. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: i was looking through Lolth monster profile and how super awsomely strong she is. is it possible to add her as a part of long quest that leads to battling her. also would it be possible to raise the level cap and add additional features from the 4.0 rulebook i know i am asking a lot and i am mentioning this for the future like update 20.0.0
    i have never liked anyother game like i liked TOEE after seeing how much potential it have to become one of the best games and your constant additions are making that dream a reality :):):):):):)

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The next version in the works is 7.9 and unfortunately 8.0 will be the final version.

I may have misunderstood Gaear when he spoke on this, but I don't think I did.

If you're looking for a Lloth level fight try accepting the invitation from a certain lady in Verbobonc after The War of the Golden Skull.

And welcome to the forum!

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's correct, v8 will be the 'final' release, though there will no doubt continue to be patches and bugfixes and maybe the occasional full release to consolidate them. These will all be offspring of v8 though (8.0.1, 8.1.0, etc.). Fullscale development on the modpack will cease, with the possible exception of overhauls and the like.

Basically the reasons for this are:

1. the 20 levels of ToEE are basically full up with XP, so adding more would just be kind of a static drag once you hit level 20.
    2. we will have achieved the general goals we set out to complete with ToEE and the NC, and the game will (hopefully) be balanced - as balanced as D&D can get anyway.
    3. the modpack has to 'end' sometime, and 8.0 will drop on the 10 year anniversary of ToEE.

Co8 will continue to support the modpack and ToEE into the future. It's not like we're going away or anything. :)

Our Host!