new modding problem

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by xbAInx, Jul 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. xbAInx

xbAInx Member

I'm not exactly 'new' to modding this game, and I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, but-- I've run into a new problem, and could use some feedback from the pros here at Co8. Here's the short version:

okay... to my surprise, I found out that there was an updated version of the NoCD fix for the 2nd patch. I grabbed a copy and decided that I'd do a re-install to get a 'fresh' start with the game. So I did, in this order: the game, the official 2nd patch, the Co8 3.0.3 mod, and lastly the new NoCD fix.

I had forgotten that I had edited-in some 'custom' items in the Protos.tab of the game. So-- I open things up and start adding them back in...

I add two custom armors to the game, test each individually, and make sure things are smooth with gameplay. All is well.

(here's where things get crazy.)

Upon adding a third item, double checking for typos, and fireing-up the game for a test run. . . the games crashes beyond all reason before the title screen comes up.

I think to myself... 'I have Errored!' and I check everything I altered within the games files. All seems dandy. ?!? but the game won't start.

I delete said altered files to no avail, and restore everything to original positions-- it still won't start. (the game is just laughing at me now.)

I re-install everything... again. Only this time, I tried the 'third' item first to see if it makes the game CTD. Works just fine. I add a second item, and may I just say. . . 'sweeEEEeet!'

Again, upon adding a third item-- everything DIES!!

With all of these new patches/mods and the new CDfix, it seems as though I can only add two items to the games Protos.tab without a big fat CTD in my face...

I can only pray that I'm doing something wrong. any ideas??

Thanks for shopping,
    xbAInx

Our Host!